Director of Counseling
Immediate opening for the Director of the M.A. Counseling Program at the Townsend Institute at Concordia University Irvine. The Director of Counseling is responsible for administrative oversight, faculty coordination, maintaining program standards, coordinating the practicum and internship requirements, and various university activities related to the Townsend Institute at Concordia University.
Responsibilities involve but are not limited to:
- With other Townsend Program directors, assist and ensure all program components are aligned to the Institute and University’s mission, as well as appropriate WSCUC and CACREP standards.
- Assist in coordination of the bi-annual Kick-Off Conferences for the M.A. Counseling Program.
- Assist in setting up infrastructure for the approval and accountability of practicum and internship sites, reporting of hours, and maintaining records for a program with national reach. Work with students as they research and select their practicum and internship sites. Work with faculty to train and monitor forms and records.
- Coordinate term starts including book lists, new faculty on-boarding, communication with students and faculty, course start procedures, and term shell creation.
- Be a resource to faculty and students and monitor courses throughout the term regarding issues with technology, curriculum, or other faculty and student concerns.
The following are the minimum requirements for this position:
- A faculty member in good standing for a minimum of 5 years
- A terminal degree in Counselor Education (Ed.D. or Ph.D.)
- Licensure in Mental Health Counseling or Licensed Professional Counselor with a minimum of 5 years of clinical experience
- Understanding and experience in using the Townsend model in a clinical setting (you can request a summary of Dr. Townsend’s model)
We seek candidates who understand, value, and affirm a Christian liberal arts approach to higher education and who are willing to invest themselves in the lives of students. To apply send an email with the following documents attached: cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of transcript showing highest earned degree posted, along with Concordia University Irvine’s employment application which can be downloaded from the employment page. Documents are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concordia University Irvine, California, is a Christian educational institution operated by The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees.