Psychologist Staff I
While this staff psychologist position is considered a generalist clinician position, the UKCC is particularly interested at this time in those with experience and expertise working with international undergraduate, graduate and professional students. Being fluent or proficient in another language such as Spanish, Mandarin or Arabic is desirable. Past experience providing clinical services and outreach programming is also desired. The UKCC is committed to inclusive excellence, welcoming a wide range of clients for psychological services and those seeking consultation. Our staff is diverse in many ways and we strive to mirror the population we serve in the UK community. UKCC strives to serve students in ways that support and affirm all of their identities. We welcome candidates who will continue to expand our reach to marginalized and under-represented students, including but not limited to persons of color, international, first-generation, veterans, those with disabilities, and LGBTQ*. Our ideal candidate possesses an understanding of intersectionality and how it impacts the daily lives of students.
This Psychologist Staff I position provides UK students direct psychological services and programming in the areas of personal concerns, academic success, and career exploration/decision-making, as well as providing outreach, crisis intervention, and consultation services. These functions support the Center and University mission of retention and the success of our students.
Candidates must have completed ALL requirements for the PhD or PsyD or EdD in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or other applied psychology (including all coursework, the dissertation defense, final dissertation submission, and internship) by the start date, and be eligible for temporary license as a Psychologist in Kentucky. Please attach the following:
(1) Resume/CV (Resume) and Cover Letter
(2) Specific Request 1
Names and contact information for 4 references who can address skills relevant to university counseling center work.
(3) Specific Request 2
A detailed statement describing:
Specific experience in any of the following areas: international students; fluency or proficiency in language(s) other than English; students with disabilities; eating disorders, DBT, ADHD/LD assessments, trauma, substance abuse, or autism spectrum; under-represented or minoritized college students, or first-generation students.
Psychologist Staff I
Staff Psychologist I
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting for extended periods of time, viewing computer screen, traveling to presentations.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
(40 hours/week) with some evening clinical hours on a flex schedule.
Our Counseling Center seeks individuals who are collaborative in nature, have strong communication skills, practice good self-care, maintain healthy boundaries, and possess the ability to manage a challenging workload while promoting a positive atmosphere and healthy relationships.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
PhD/PsyD/EdD + 0 years of PAID experience + eligible for temporary license as a psychologist in Kentucky.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you completed at least 300 on-site hours (paid or unpaid) at a university or college counseling center?
- * Will you have completed ALL requirements for your PhD, PsyD, or EdD (including all coursework, your dissertation defense, final dissertation submission, and internship) by start date (to be determined)?
- * Will you be eligible for temporary licensure as a psychologist in the Commonwealth of Kentucky prior to the start date (to be determined)?
- * Are you already licensed and in good standing at the Doctoral level in Kentucky or elsewhere in the U.S. as a Psychologist?
- * Have you passed the Examination for Professional Practice of Psychology (EPPP) at the doctoral level for Kentucky?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- University Counseling Jobs/PICC
- AUCCCD job board
- ABPsi website
- National Latino Psychological Association (NLPA) website
- Other professional listservs
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * Please specify on which job board or listserv you saw this position advertised (if not applicable, please answer none).
(Open Ended Question)
- Specific Request 1
- Specific Request 2