Associate General Counsel
Seminole State College of Florida is currently seeking an Associate General Counsel to join our Legal Affairs team. This position reports directly to the General Counsel and is responsible for assisting the General Counsel in conducting, coordinating, and managing the legal affairs of the College. In addition, the Associate General Counsel provides leadership within the College community for the development, refinement, review, and recommendation of policies and procedures of the College.
Seminole State College of Florida is located in the northern Orlando metropolitan area and since 1965 has been committed to advancing our region’s educational and economic vitality through promoting academic excellence, encouraging student success, and changing lives. Seminole State College is the 9th largest State College in the Florida Public College System with 4 vibrant campus locations, student enrollment exceeding 30,000, and over 2,000 dedicated faculty and staff. We offer more than 200 College programs, degrees and certificates including 6 bachelor’s degrees and are the “Official” Education Partner of Orlando City Soccer. Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today.
1. Juris Doctorate from a regionally-accredited law school.
2. Must be licensed to practice in Florida and a member in good standing with the Florida Bar.
3. Substantial or progressive legal experience practicing law for a minimum of 6 years.
1. Working knowledge of higher education law.
2. Florida Bar Certification in Education Law.
3. Attorney experience in public or private education, federal, State or local government, a military legal background, or a related field.
4. Corporate or governmental law department experience or private law firm experience representing corporate or governmental clients.
5. Demonstrated excellence in transactional practice
Beginning annual salary is $101,847 and may be commensurate with experience exceeding the required qualifications plus excellent benefits including: fully paid employee health, dental and 1x annual salary life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits for work/life balance including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee’s selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the fully completed online application by 11:59 pm on September 8, 2017:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
For more information about this opportunity please contact Meribeth Colicci, Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.