Coordinator of Secondary School Partnerships and Initiatives
The Coordinator of High School Partnerships and Initiatives develops, plans, implements, administers and assesses partnership programs with school districts in Dutchess Community College (DCC) service area. This may include the College Connection Program (concurrent enrollment), P-Tech programs, BOCES, high school equivalency transitions and other projects involving community coalitions and agencies. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, the Coordinator provides oversight and support to existing educational partnerships and assists in the development of new partnerships with secondary institutions, develops the strategy and protocols for working with educational partners and acts as a liaison for these initiatives at the college, and works with college academic leadership and key stakeholders to support these initiatives.
- Serves as liaison to provide leadership for Concurrent Enrollment and P-Tech programs and other initiatives through engagement with high school and college faculty and staff to ensure appropriate programming, scheduling, academic criteria and implementation.
- College Connection and P-Tech Responsibilities
- Coordinate all activities related to college course-taking by high school students, including, but not limited to course creation, pre-requisites, registration, course withdrawal, and the submission of final course grades and their dissemination.
- Clearly and frequently communicate with high schools' administration and faculty and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at DCC to update and disseminate information and request any major support.
- Increase awareness of the College Connection and E-TECH school partnerships at DCC in order to garner support and recruit college faculty and staff participation.
- Participate in planning meetings that involve decisions related to college-course taking.
- Create, administer, and summarize survey data at the end of each semester from college course instructors, parents, principals and students.
- Work with high schools and DCC faculty and staff to develop and implement guidelines, standards and criteria related to the students' eligibility for enrollment and adjunct instructor approval in college courses (based on DCC academic department guidelines).
- Communicate with stakeholders (DCC, high school, students, industry partners (P-Tech) in the development and maintenance of the partnership (e.g. emails, policy manuals, student manuals, student contracts, and data reports, etc.).
- Concurrent Enrollment Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with the College Connections Liaison as well as high school faculty and staff to organize concurrent enrollment courses, staffing and resources
- Collaborates with Testing Center to facilitate college placement testing of potential Concurrent Enrollment students
- Ensure all NACEP requirements are being met and tracked
- P-Tech Responsibilities:
- Each semester the College Liaison will work with the Poughkeepsie High School (PHS) P-Tech principal to provide a detailed schedule of the P-TECH college courses (i.e. students names, course title, number, section and instructor name, days and times, and cohort).
- Create and implement DCC summer program and orientation programs for students and parents, outlining expectations, procedures, policies and criteria for the student success, including packets.
- Work with PHS to create and maintain student files, which include updated contact information, registration materials, student transcripts, state test results, and copies of student contracts (student expectations and responsibilities, classroom behavior and participation).
- Help coordinate students' intervention needs between DCC and the high school, such as tutoring, counseling, mentoring, assistance with completing any necessary applications, etc.
- Acts a liaison with the DCC faculty and PHS with regard to student performance and early identification of students at academic risk
- Participate in Steering Committee and other related planning meetings to help shape program policies and decisions, as well as the ongoing development of the scope and sequence, the development of college partnership activities, and curriculum development.
- Support the Industry Partner Liaison
- Plan and participate in events that promote college readiness and academic celebrations
- Communicate with PHS and DCC financial departments regarding budgetary matters
- Collaborate with PHS on the monitoring and evaluation of program data as well as data from state examinations to assess student progress and to make recommendations to improve student achievement in order to fulfill the school's mission (i.e., improvement of a college readiness program, academic support services and completion of college coursework).
- HSE Transitions
- Works with the Office of Community Services and the Office of Academic Affairs to facilitate and support student transitions from HSE to credit programs
- Works with the Associate Dean of Curriculum, the Vice President of Academic Affairs, faculty and Dutchess County BOCES to develop career & technical education opportunities to support academic pathways from secondary to postsecondary credentials
- Assists with the organization and management of curriculum alignment/articulation projects with high schools and BOCES partners
- Directs, oversees and maintains the implementation of educational partnerships and serve as a liaison between high schools and Academic Affairs to ensure program and student success
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders, promotes, markets and implements post-secondary opportunities for high school juniors and seniors
- Works with the Director of Grants to identify and prepare applications for alternative funding sources such as grants
- Knowledge of:
- Community college and high school missions, programs and practices
- Curriculum development and instructional design
- Community and school partnership models, issues, and dynamics
- Ability to:
- Identify and evaluate future needs/trends and develop responsive programing;
- Coordinate activities of faculty, staff and external constituents
- Develop, promote and implement non-traditional programs
- Establish and oversee cooperative agreements
- Represent programs to a variety of audiences
- Plan, manage and organize multiple projects
- Identify and analyze problems/issues and recommend strategies and solutions
- Master's Degree preferred; Bachelor's degree with significant experience working in a postsecondary environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to develop and maintain reciprocal educational partnerships preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in post-secondary education preferred
- Proven successful management level experience
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of community and ability to translate into resources for the College
- Ability to balance and understand higher education and high schools including their institutional policies, organizational structure, operations, needs withstudent needs
- Proven skills as a leader and team builder
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and some weekend hours
- Ability to work effectively through the committee process to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated record of commitment and sensitivity to affirmative action, equal opportunity and human rights
Applicants for this position should submit a current resume and a cover letter
To apply, go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
DCC is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).
Posted 8/4/17- open until filled