RN Case Manager
We are currently seeking a Field Nurse Case Manager (RN) in Modesto and surrounding areas.
Purpose of the Field Nurse Case Manager (RN) Position:
Medically assess and manage cases to facilitate a return of the injured/ill client to productivity and achieve maximum medical improvement in an efficient cost effective and timely manner.
- Thoroughly assess the medical, behavioral, vocational, and social areas impacted by the injury or illness
- Work closely with the ill/injured person and medical providers to achieve timely treatment planning, implementation, and follow through
- Establish a professional rapport with the client, family members, employer, attorney, medical providers and referral source to produce creative and cost effective solutions to achieve maximum medical recovery and return to work
- Propose a cost effective medical rehabilitation plan to the referral source
- Coordinate and implement the approved plan to successful completion
- Assist in case supervision
- Report to the referral source in writing and verbally on a consistent, timely basis
- Active California Registered Nurse, RN License (BSN preferred)
- Prior Workers' Compensation case management experience and/or experience in rehabilitation, utilization review or home health case management
- Certified Case Manager designation, CCM (preferred)
- Unrestricted CA Drivers License and auto insurance
- Ability to function independently and with flexibility
- Superior assessment and problem solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Comfortable working within internet based, proprietary software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with clients, attorneys, claims personnel, employers, and medical providers
Optional but not required:
- Bi-lingual, Spanish preferred.
Excel Managed Care & Disability Services (Excel) provides Occupational & Non-Occupational Medical Case Management, Utilization Review and Return-to-Work services to employers, insurers, and claims administrators with employees covered by Workers Compensation, Group Health, and Long-Term Disability. Our multi-state presence provides clients with a proactive partner to manage all aspects of their disability programs.
Excel views its mission as achieving the expeditious restoration of health and productivity to those who have lost these by illness or injury. Our goal is to efficiently and effectively manage the medical recovery and return to work process, thereby lowering medical and indemnity costs and increasing the return on expenditures. Additionally, we are dedicated to helping develop a truly dynamic and comprehensive disability management environment. Excel is focused on building long-term effectual goal oriented relationships with customers.
We are proud of the professional services we provide our customers, believe our employees are truly our most valuable asset and that each of us directly contributes to our continued success. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.excelmanagedcare.com
Sat, 5 Aug 2017 15:52:20 PDT