Director of Advancement Communications
Director of Advancement Communications
Trinity College seeks a talented and strategic Director of Advancement Communications to lead communications with and for the College's alumni, donor, and parent audiences and develop strategies and tools to help the College enhance fundraising and participation and nurture its relationships with those audiences broadly. The position is a critical one and represents a significant opportunity to help the College achieve the goals articulated in its developing strategic plan, goals that will be at the heart of a coming comprehensive campaign.
Reporting to the Vice President for Communications and Marketing, the Director of Advancement Communications would join a team of dedicated communications professionals and provide expertise and guidance to partners in the Office of Advancement. The Director works at a strategic level, partnering with advancement colleagues in understanding communications needs and goals for fundraising and engagement and, in turn, developing messaging, storytelling, and strategies for measurable success. As the primary liaison between the Office of Communications and the Office of Advancement, the Director is project director and lead writer for a range of Advancement communications, including print and digital content for annual and parent giving; planned giving; corporate, government, and foundation relations; donor relations and stewardship; and major gift and campaign initiatives. The Director also provides support for and guidance on communications for alumni relations.
The Director must be an excellent writer and editor and a sophisticated thinker who has a keen ear for story and an understanding of how to inspire donor and volunteer engagement across diverse audiences. An ability to collaborate and build relationships is key, as is the capacity to grasp quickly the essence, culture, and values of the Trinity community. Trinity seeks a Director with significant experience in communications in higher education, development, or both, someone who is deeply mission-driven and who brings creativity, ideas, passion, and dedication to this important work.
For the complete list of responsibilities, go to https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/ .
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred, plus a minimum of seven to ten years of experience in communications, marketing, or development, with experience in higher education, highly desirable.
- Must be an excellent writer and editor and possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills—speaking, listening, and understanding
- Expertise and facility with development writing, e-marketing, social media, and web communications
- Sophisticated understanding of the use of photography, video, and multimedia and ability to direct such projects from start to finish, including providing art direction
- Proven success collaborating with and advising/guiding diverse teams
- Mission-driven, self-motivated, and dedicated to contributing to a team and being of service to colleagues and the institution broadly
- Strong organizational skills and high degree of individual and team accountability
- Exceptional standards for quality of work, integrity, and responsibility
- Strong aptitude for strategic thinking and the use of metrics in developing strategy, assessing effectiveness, and achieving goals
This is a Level 26, full-time, exempt position. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The screening and selection process is currently underway and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen. To apply, please go to https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/.
Trinity College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process.