(Non-Unit) HCC MGM Culinary Arts Institute Facility Coordinator
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for. For over 65 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options. The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 12,500 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Under the supervision of the Picknelly Adult and Family Education Center (PAFEC) Director, the Facility Coordinator oversees the day-to-day operational management of the HCC MGM Culinary Arts Institute at 181 Appleton Street in Holyoke. Provides coordination of the services, staff and equipment related to the classroom, labs and public spaces of facility.
- Coordinates and oversees the overall operation and management of the facilities with supervisory and budgetary responsibility. Serves as the point of contact for 1st and 2nd floor operations in regard to scheduling, enrollment, student-related issues, maintenance, security and visitor related issues.
- Works collaboratively to support the college's credit and non-credit programs and community organizations as they develop and implement a cohesive plan of educational activities based at the HCC MGM Culinary Arts Institute. Also, fosters the development of new community programming.
- Coordinates logistics of space usage at the HCC MGM Culinary Arts Institute for the community and for various events held at the facility (credit, non-credit, fee-based activities and community classes).
- Directly supervises the part-time receptionist/clerk/greeter.
- Manages system of access to rooms at the facility including scheduling, key system, security systems and access to technology.
- Monitors the facility budget for reasonable expenditures for personnel, maintenance, security systems and access to technology.
- Conducts outreach and speaks with other community members, including representatives from business, government, and other social service and educational organizations in order to promote collaborations and linkages to the college and the Picknelly Adult and Family Education Center. Assists with the development of marketing material, initiates direct marketing.
- Provides general information to students, both credit and non-credit, in order to connect them with the appropriate college resources. The Coordinator will work with various student service departments to ensure students have access, proper information and timely responses to their individual requests.
- Provides regular reports to HCC, community partners and funding sources, as appropriate, as well as an annual report to HCC on non-credit enrollment and related activities by producing reports in terms of facility usage and budget performance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree and experience with a broad range of community outreach and educational and workforce development operations, policies and procedures; Plus, a minimum of three year's experience in the management of facilities and personnel; Demonstrated communication, writing and presentation skills; Evidence of strong interpersonal and problem solving skills; Demonstrated ability in program management, budgeting and staff supervision; Demonstrated ability to build teamwork and collaboration amongst diverse groups with wide ranging priorities; Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree and experience with a broad range of community outreach and workforce development operations, policies and procedures; Bilingual (English/Spanish); Ability to provide outreach and increase educational program activities.
SALARY RANGE: $42,603-$47,000/year, plus a comprehensive State benefits package
HOURS: 37.5 hours/week
FUNDING SOURCE: Trust
EQUIVALENCY STATEMENT: Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) - When preparing your cover letter, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications as pertaining to this position and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
- List of references with names, email addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
DEADLINE: August 28, 2017- Additional applications may be considered until position is filled.
Returning applicants - https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp to check completed application.