Specialist, Business Assessment
General Statement of Job
To provide administrative support, administer/proctor exams, coordinate daily activities for the Business Assessment/GED Testing Center and Academic Testing Center, and coordinate daily testing activities.
Location Round Rock Campus
Note: Highland Campus Hours 19 hours/week as assigned; May include Monday through Friday and weekends. Hours based on need in the department. Salary $11.25/hr FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Coordinator, Business Testing Services Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Administrative processes and procedures.
- Testing regulations and exam security measures.
- Special accommodation exams.
- Limited bookkeeping functions.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including weekends as required.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Providing proctoring services in relation to academic and certification exams.
- Providing information in relation to testing processes and procedures.
- Coordinating administrative activities in relation to testing services.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- • High-stakes, Academic or Assessment testing skills.
- • Work experience providing administrative support services, customer services, dealing with the public, and/or testing experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 30 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- CLEP, Castle Worldwide or Pearson VUE Certifications, or other comparable test administration certifications.
- High-stakes, academic, or assessment testing skills.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.