Visiting Capital Construction Project Manager - Facilities and Services Capital Programs Division (
Visiting Capital Construction Project Manager
Facilities and Services
University of Illinois
The Division of Capital Programs in Facilities and Services (F&S) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for the position of Visiting Capital Construction Project Manager. Up to three positions will be filled. This position is a full-time, visiting academic professional appointment with primary responsibility for the scope, budget, and schedule management, contract administration, design and construction execution on assigned campus projects. Responsibilities include administration of the established design, construction, and post-construction phase services provided to the campus by the Capital Programs Division.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage design and construction execution, including scope, budget, contracts, and schedule which have been established during the planning phase of capital projects. Responsibilities begin during the design phase of projects including participation during planning and design, participation during development of project requirements, and assistance with the selection of project consultants.
- Manage all contracts associated with the execution of the design and construction of the project. Manage procurement of construction services and construction execution including contract document(s) administration, budget and schedule management, and project closeout. Follow University's requirements for contract administration, budget and schedule management, and project closeout. Enforce the University's requirements for project quality, budget and schedule.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of F&S policies and procedures related to project management.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of F&S Project Management policies and procedures related to capital delivery.
- Supervise and coordinate those project management services associated with all capital improvements including, but not limited to, project budgeting, procurement of professional and construction services, and all construction activities.
- Assist with the procedures/protocol for administration of contract documentation: bond documentation, certificate of insurance documentation, review of draft documents required for approval by the Board of Trustees, review of contracts for contractors and architects/engineer, pay application review, etc.
- Assist with project conceptualization development with other professionals and administrators.
- Coordinate activities with the Capital Development Board for design, construction, project delivery, and partnering.
- Assist with the preparation of the scope of professional services required for each project.
- Assist with the approved process for the selection of architects, engineers, construction managers, and other consultants to be recommended for employment by the University or Capital Development Board.
- Assist with the development of the design, pre-construction, and construction Professional Services Agreements for architects, engineers, construction managers, and other consultants, and edits to the standard format regarding the scope of professional services. Coordinate the scope of professional services required for each project with the Senior Project Manager and/or Associate Director(s).
- Assist with the monitoring and review of federal, state, and University rules and regulations affecting contract administration and procurement of professional services and materials and labor for new construction, remodeling, renovation, and minor repairs.
At a minimum, applicants for the Visiting Capital Construction Project Manager positions shall have a bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning, Business, Finance, Management, Accountancy, Economics or related field. A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative experience on design and/or construction-related projects is required. Work in a University environment on design and construction projects in addition to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) experience is preferred, but not required.
Salary is commensurate with demonstrated ability and experience. The positions are full-time, visiting academic professional appointments. The positions may become non-visiting at a later time.
Application Procedures: To ensure full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, a copy of your college transcripts, and the names/contact information for three professional references by October 4, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before October 4, 2017; however no hiring decision will be made until after that date. The start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Nicole McCurry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities & Services
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Capital Construction Project Manager - Facilities and Services Capital Programs Division (A1700484)
Open Date: 08/07/2017
Close Date: 10/04/2017
Organization Name: FandS Capital Const Project Managers