Clinical Research Coordinator Trainee or Non-Licensed
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator Trainee or Non-Licensed
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Neurological Surgery
Posting Date: 08-08-2017
The University of Virginia, Neurosurgery Clinical Trials Office is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator. This position supports coordination and management of neuro-oncology clinical trials which investigate clinical outcomes and investigational treatments for brain cancer. Clinical trials are conducted in partnership with patients who elect to be part of such an investigation. This position is open to Clinical Research Trainees (new to clinical research) or research coordinators with some experience, Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed. This position provides training regarding proper research protocol compliance and development, including regulatory controls, study procedures, and data management. Trainee will work closely with Clinical Research Coordinators, Principal Investigators, and the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to learn the full scope of clinical research duties. Once appropriately trained, qualified candidate be supervised in research tasks including: recruit/screen prospective research participants; collect, enter, and analyze subject data; compile reports; process/prepare/ship laboratory specimens; file regulatory paperwork; and obtain informed consent from study participants. This is an ideal position for candidates looking to transition their career into the clinical research coordinator job family. Candidates who have prior experience may enter as a Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed and assume duties involving opening trials and conducting new or ongoing trials.
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree. Effective use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) is required. To qualify for Clinical Research Coordinator Non-Licensed position, candidates must have at least one year of clinical research experience. Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) certification and at least four years of additional professional experience may be considered in place of degree.
Clinical Research Trainees are not required to have clinical research experience, but appropriate health-related experience is preferred.
Review of applications will begin on August 21, 2017 but posting will remain open until filled.
This position is restricted and contingent on continued funding.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
2. Ability to identify and resolve problems.
3. Ability to work accurately, independently, and with attention to detail.
4. Proficient keyboarding skills. Ability to sort and compile data.
5. Knowledge of scientific principles and research methodology.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology, diseases/conditions under study, and Good Clinical Practices for research.
7. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage large volumes of information while having the ability to be flexible and adjust to changing situations.
8. Ability to relate to people in a wide variety of professional levels.
9. Knowledge of word processing.
10. Knowledge of data administration with regard to clinical trials for data entry and electronic case report forms.
11. Ability to work on-call schedules as needed, including nights and weekends.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82492