Accountant II - Auxiliary Services
Accountant II - Auxiliary Services
Position Number: 53072446
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 08/20/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Accountant II position. The Accountant II is responsible for financial preparation and fiscal reporting for the University North Georgia Real Estate Foundation and will assist with financial and operational duties for UNG's Auxiliary Services Departments. Additionally, this position will provide certain financial administration services to the University North Georgia.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Accountant II will:
- Create Journal Entries and ensure all accounting transactions are made in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles as well as federal, state, university, Foundation, and FASB guidelines for the Real Estate Foundation and subsidiaries. Review and verify account activity. Monitor cash position of all Privatized projects, Responsible for bank reconciliations, and assessing performance to Pro Forma Projections. Provide analysis and research to support current and future activities of the Real Estate Foundation.
- Lease administrator for the REF and Auxiliary Services. Ensure annual renewals are timely and billing is processed accurately. Coordinate with other University departments as it relates to leases, utilities, etc.
- Be responsible for bond compliance including but not limited to ensuring adequate insurance coverage for all projects, arbitrage calculations, and facility condition assessment reporting. Timely reporting to bond trustee for continuous disclosure items and annual EMMA filing.
- Review business procedures, accounting practices, and financial reporting to ensure compliance with guidelines; make recommendations and implement changes as needed. Provide accounting services to assure adequate separation of duties exist for Foundation personnel.
- Assist with audits and USG System reporting by providing information as requested.
- Preform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP; prefer familiarity with Fund Accounting and / or not for profit accounting experience.
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Proficient presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical ability desired.
- Great organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Customer Service oriented with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critically important.
- Absolute ability to hold in confidence and work with highly confidential matters. Strong code of ethics.
- Adhere to laws, rules and regulations of the University system.
- Exercise initiative.
- Ability to prioritize a varied and demanding work load.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining extreme accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Accounting or Finance related field from recognized University; MBA preferred
- 4 years of accounting experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years of related accounting experience in a university setting preferred
- Experience with multi-company accounting and QuickBooks preferred
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. In addition to a background check, this position will also require a credit check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.