Assistant Purchasing Manager - Pork Processing Plant
• SUMMARY: Provide leadership, development and supervision of the multi-shift parts room team. Direct and coordinate the activities of the inbound MRO supply chain to include supplier management, inventory management, competitive sourcing of materials, supplies, maintenance parts, and 3rd party services. Develop and direct a culture of safety, teamwork, collaboration and continuous improvement for the benefit of all customers, associates, suppliers and stakeholders. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Provide direct supervision of the parts room team. Develop and lead a high performance work team through coaching and teaching best practices in purchasing and inventory management principles. Leverage internal and external training opportunities as approved to enhance the skill level of team members.
• Develop goals, accountabilities and special job objectives for the team, directly connected to plant goals and long term strategy. Coordinate and administrate the annual performance management and goal setting processes for the parts room team.
• Develop and administer key performance indicators and measurement metrics that provide visibility to stated goals for safety, service, accuracy and cost.
• Prepare budgets, analysis, forecasts, capital plans, and reports as needed. Support the appropriation request (AR) process as requested from PO creation through invoice payment.
• Develop and direct a robust supplier management program that sources qualified suppliers, maximizes competition for goods and services, readies back up suppliers to minimize risk and reduces overall lead time.
• Identifies logical categories of plant items leveraging the M3 ERP system, internal sources, supplier recommendations and other market research for the purpose of creating Requests for Quote (RFQ.) and Requests for Proposal. (RFP) Leverage spend collaboratively throughout the plant where opportunities exist to reduce cost.
• Prepares and distributes RFQ's /RFP's to suppliers ready, willing and able to bid and supply goods and services; analyzes bids, recommends terms, conditions, agreements and supplier awards. Collaboratively develops plans for new supplier start up and assists operations with implementation.
• Leverage inventory management principles, processes and systems that improve and protect the accuracy of inventory both physically and financially from purchase through consumption. Manage reorder points (ROP's) and reorder quantities (ROQ's) for MRO and supply inventory; actively manage the obsolete inventory process for MRO items.
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives incorporating lean Six Sigma and other process improvement principles in collaboration with leadership, operations, suppliers and stakeholders;
• Conduct all business with vendors in a professional, arms-length manner to ensure the integrity of the Company and its employees is not compromised. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College degree required, ideally in the field of business, manufacturing or supply chain. The individual will have a minimum of 7-10 years' experience in a purchasing/inventory control management position, using related software. Individual must be self-motivated and able to prioritize and complete critical assignments in a timely manner. CERTIFICATES AND LICENSE: CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) is preferred.
An independent recruiting firm placing qualified candidates in executive, management, support and other leadership roles throughout the USA.
Specializing in careers in the fields of Accounting, Engineering, Manufacturing, Business Management, IT, Marketing, Healthcare, Sales Management, and many other vertical markets where successful candidates can find their next career opportunity.
Mon, 7 Aug 2017 14:55:16 PDT