Assistant Athletic Trainer
The CU Boulder Athletics department is now accepting applications for an Assistant Athletic Trainer. This position will provide for the care, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses. The work includes administering injury prevention measures for athletes, serving as the first responder to injury situations, maintaining injury records, reporting on rehabilitation progress to coaches and planning return-to-play for injured athletes in collaboration with team physicians and physical therapists. The Assistant Athletic Trainer will support the direction of the Sports Medicine Program by supervising the training room and serving on assigned task forces and programs
Who we are:
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)-and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region-our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes-both across Colorado and around the world.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Prevent and care for athletic related injuries for all sports programs.
- Maintain accurate and up to date injury records and daily correspondence with the coaching staff.
- Responsible for NCAA mandated coverage of all off-season conditioning sessions (in conjunction with the rest of the athletic training staff).
- Oversee and maintain the aquatic therapy area of the sports medicine department.
- Responsible for the autoclaving of equipment.
- Responsible for the yearly certification of therapeutic modalities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate AD for Health and Performance.
Student Intern Program
- Assist in the coordination of the recruitment and hiring of sports medicine student interns.
- Help with the oversight of the budget for student interns, monitoring their payment for hours worked in the Sports Medicine Department.
- Assist in the supervision of a sports medicine intern program, which includes teaching and evaluating.
- Serve as one of the certified athletic trainers for camps per CU camp policy.
- Oversee student-trainers working summer camps.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of NCAA, PAC 12 Conference, University and departmental rules and regulations (The violation of NCAA or Conference rules on the part of the Athletic Department Personnel may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment).
- Adhere to principles stated in the Athletic Department's Mission Statement and promote loyalty to the mission by all student and student-athletes under his/her supervision.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be diverse. Be proactive. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- NATABOC Certification.
- CPR/AED certified.
What we'd like you to have:
- Master's degree in Health or Sports Related Field from an accredited institution.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 21, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10558.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Athletics
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10018 - Athletics-Business Affairs
Posting Date: Aug 7, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 21, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00002800