Program Assistant I
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Skaggs School of Pharmacy / Distance Degrees and Programs (DDP)
Position #00664473 - Requisition 10427
Nature of Work
The Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SSPPS) is seeking a permanent, full-time (40 hours per week), University Staff (non-classified) Program Assistant for the Distance Degrees and Programs (DDP) Office, which administers the North American-Trained PharmD (NTPD) and International-Trained PharmD (ITPD) Programs and supports the Master of Science in Palliative Care (MSPC) and Interprofessional Palliative Care Certificate (IPCC) Programs. The NTPD and ITPD Programs are designed for North American and international working pharmacists with a bachelor degree in pharmacy to earn their PharmD (Doctor of Pharmacy) degree through a combined distance-based and on-campus based format. The MSPC and IPCC Programs are offered in a hybrid learning format utilizing interactive online instruction.
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing financial, technical and administrative support for the DDP office and the programs the DDP office administers. The individual in this position must communicate effectively and facilitate a mentoring and collaborative relationship with students, DDP staff, SSPPS faculty and other University departments/personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Student Services Team Member - .50 FTE (20 hours per week)
- Immunization and Certifications Coordinator
- Work directly with students and the Office of Experiential Programs (OEP) to confirm completeness of NTPD and ITPD student immunization and certification requirements within program and SSPPS defined deadlines.
- Confirm uploaded immunization and certifications are saved properly in E*Value and the student files.
- Along with the Assistant Director, DDP Operations and other university personnel, implement new University immunizations and certification requirements.
- Coordinate and complete the updates to the immunization and certification documents, instructions, email communications and website information prior to the release of the registration letter each semester.
- Serve on the immunization campus-wide committee to learn of changes to the immunization procedures. Educate students and staff of these changes and intended deadlines associated with these changes.
- Collaborate with the International Student and Scholar Services Office to administer and manage all student visas. Collaborate with program administrator and DDP director to determine and implement new student visas processing procedures. Communicate needed materials and process to students and other members of the student services team.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the DDP student services team and the OEP Outreach Coordinator to confirm student's eligibility to begin rotations; connect rotation assessment forms to student and preceptor schedules in E*Value on an as needed basis.
- CU-SIS - Serve as the DDP office's CU-SIS representative by completing the following:
- Attend CU-SIS seminars to learn of new and existing SIS functions; communicate and train DDP staff about these functions. Liaison with various departments to resolve CU-SIS related concerns and DDP office needs.
- Provide program support by utilizing CU-SIS to build and update courses on a semester basis; enter and update student information in CU-SIS during admissions and as needed while students are enrolled in courses; apply and release holds within student accounts as directed; confirm CU-SIS grade rosters are correct for both didactic and experiential courses at the end of each semester; prepare course proposal forms for new courses to be built in CU-SIS in coming semesters.
- Process and matriculate new student and reinstated students' application materials into CU-SIS.
- Identify and utilize CU-SIS reporting capability to create management reports used for program development. As needed, work with the Registrar's Office and the Office of Institutional Research for further reports.
- Experiential Course Registration Coordinator
- Initiate the credit-by-challenge and rotation registration process by providing the completed registration form to the registrar's office.
- Update office filing and database system with the receipt of the registration form and the date the course was registered.
- Communicate to the student services team when the student is registered for the credit-by-challenge or rotation registration or appropriate registration hold procedures.
- Experiential Grade Coordinator
- Download rotation assessment forms from E*Value, track, confirm and saved completed rotation assessment forms. Follow-up with students who have not completed rotation assessment forms.
- Send rotation low score notifications to DDP Director, OEP Director, and student advisors.
- Confirm rotation and credit-by-challenge grade submission for completeness throughout the semester.
- Creates experiential grade upload sheet to initiate end of semester grade processing procedures for the DDP Director. Support DDP Director as needed when grades are processed at the end of the semester.
- Completes change of grade form for the DDP Director to sign if a grade is processed outside of the normal end of semester grade processing deadlines.
- On-Campus Orientation and Graduation - In conjunction with appropriate personnel, provide general administrative support to the overall coordination of and participate in commencement and on-campus orientation.
Payment Processing Coordinator - .30FTE (12 hours per week)
- Manage all payroll activities for all vendors, didactic instructors, experiential credit-by-challenge reviewers/advisors, and rotation site stipends (from point-of-hire through termination), by determining appropriate payroll entry in HRMS, along with the appropriate corresponding hard copy documentation, if applicable (e.g. offer letter, MOU, addendum, etc.).
- Maintain all electronic file and spreadsheets for all payments, including personnel files for all recipients all listed in the bullet above.
- Troubleshoot and resolve payment ad student billing errors or questions.
- Manage financial records, coordinate monthly reconciling procedures, support cash log/receipt procedures, process procurement card transactions, deposit checks.
- Define and implement updated payment processing procedures to streamline departmental workflow.
- Formulate financial reports as needed.
- Train DDP personnel about changes within the payroll procedures to support cross-coverage as needed.
General Administrative Program Support - .20 FTE (8 hours per week)
- Department Liaison - Serve as a liaison with University-wide departments to support payment processing coordinator, student services team member, general administrative program support and other assigned duties.
- Committee Support - Coordinate and attend DDP Committee meetings; compose committee meeting minutes within one week of meeting date; prepare and distribute materials to be presented at the committee meeting.
- E*Value - Serve as lead DDP office technical support to troubleshoot E*Value technical concerns.
- Surveys - Compose and distribute survey results and action items as defined by DDP staff. Update student status spreadsheet with defined information, such as, but not limited to, admission criteria and grades, at the beginning and end of each semester.
- DDP Email Officer - Check internal DDP office email inboxes on a daily basis and serve as the first point-of-contact for messages received. Respond to message by acknowledging the receipt to the sender and include the appropriate DDP team member to answer the question.
- General Office Support
- Order office supplies, mailing packages, check and distribute mail to appropriate personnel, schedule meetings, conference calls, conference rooms and make travel arrangements as needed.
- Sort, scan and file mailed and emailed admissions materials; document receipt of materials; update Salesforce or other electronic tracking systems with receipt of materials.
- Facilities Related Projects - Coordinate all facilities related projects as support to the Assistant Director of DDP Operations as needed.
- Operations - Participate in the operational planning process to help identify means of improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $46,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Four years of general clerical or administrative service experience, which included one year of experience working with college students in an academic or career services counseling capacity.
College, university or non-correspondence business school course work may substitute on a year- for-year basis for the general experience but not for the specific experience.
*Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university degree in education, pharmacy, public health administration, business or closely related field.
*Experience in supporting faculty and diverse student population in a higher education setting.
*Ability to master a wide body of factual knowledge (e.g., program requirements and policies) with a high degree of accuracy and detail
*Must be able to plan and execute duties, activities, and responsibilities with little or no supervision.
*Administrative knowledge and hands-on experience with course management systems, such as E*Value, SalesForce, CU-SIS, Canvas, BlackBoard, or eCollege. Independent worker who can also effectively collaborate with team members.
*Strong leadership skills demonstrating ability to direct and influence colleagues of all levels.
*Energetic interest in learning new skills and technologies and passion for helping others learn.
*Productive and quality-improvement oriented worker capable of independent decision making, and complex problem solving
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Becky Stricker at Rebecaa.Stricker@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20518 - SOP-Administration
Posting Date: Aug 7, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jay Rodenburg
Posting Contact Email: Jay.Rodenburg.ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00664473