Marketing Project Manager
Who we are:
The Office of Strategic Relations at the University of Colorado Boulder aligns the university's strategic vision and brand across campus and helps develop communication solutions for the academic and administrative groups we serve.
We have an opportunity for a project manager to join us as we promote the strengths and benefits of the University of Colorado Boulder-and have fun doing it!
What your key responsibilities will be:
The project manager provides clear and organized communication across various Strategic Relations teams resulting in excellent print and digital services. These services (writing, editing, proofreading, design, photography, account management, purchasing and vendor management) assist the university in achieving its strategic marketing goals. The position is responsible for managing marketing projects from concept through the creative process, including print production management, print buying, client proposals, RFQs, vendor management, billing and invoicing.
- Develop client relationships.
- Grow existing accounts through effective communication.
- Supervise account activities.
- Ensure on-time, on-budget and high-quality work.
- Effectively manage client expectations in a positive and constructive manner.
- Manage projects from concept through the creative process, including print production management, print buying, client proposals, RFQ's, vendor management, billing and invoicing.
- Facilitate communication among clients, team members and vendors, and consult on costs and technical issues.
- Follow a defined workflow to ensure consistent outcomes.
- Manage competing and changing priorities on projects.
- Keep accurate electronic files and billing records.
- Handle multiple projects at various stages of completion by maintaining information on project-management software and by creating regular status reports.
CU-branded merchandise coordination
- Manage and coordinate campus ordering, buying, distribution and maintenance of CU-branded merchandise and materials (e.g., stickers, T-shirts, polo shirts, lapel pins, etc.).
- Ensure all materials comply with the legal trademark rules and regulations and are printed through approved vendors.
- Work with campus departments to group orders for enhanced volume pricing where possible.
- Balance cross-discipline teams and individual workloads while exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Give and welcome feedback.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Put the success of the team above his/her interests,
- Build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Recognize the accomplishments of other team members.
What we can offer:
We can offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be inclusive. Be empowered. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications or a related field.
- One to three years of practical experience with cross-functional marketing in a client-facing role.
What you will need:
- Familiarity with campaign development, videography and photography marketing.
- Excellent customer service and project management.
What we'd like you to have:
- Work experience in an ad agency or in an academic setting.
- Experience with Basecamp or a similar project management application.
- Knowledge of offset/digital/large-format printing process and press checks.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 13, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10461.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10025 - Office of Strategic Relations
Posting Date: Aug 7, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00002657