Program Coordinator, Chapters
The University of Colorado Boulder Alumni Association is now accepting applications for a Program Coordinator. This position oversees, coordinates and helps Tier 2 and 3 alumni chapters to grow while serving as their primary staff liaison. The Program Coordinator is responsible for facilitating coordination between volunteers, Alumni Association and other university staff to support events, initiatives and programs designed to increase involvement within the alumni groups. This position will be the primary chapter communications liaison, helping to edit, schedule and coordinate the communications generated through the Alumni Association's network of chapters and clubs and act as the interface between staff liaisons, communications team and chapters. The Program Coordinator will also help coordinate support and logistics for CU Boulder's international initiatives of the Global Ambassadors and international chapters.
Who we are:
The University of Colorado Boulder Alumni Association seeks to design, develop and execute innovative strategies to significantly increase the involvement of current and future alumni with the university. We were established by CU graduates on June 4, 1882, the afternoon after the university's first commencement. These first alumni recognized the need for an ongoing involvement with the university. Today, the association serves more than 280,000 students and alumni worldwide. We publish the quarterly Coloradan magazine and numerous online communications, produce academic and social programming, fund scholarships and host local, regional and international events throughout the year.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Act as the primary relationship manager and staff liaison to Tier 2 and 3 alumni chapters, regionally and locally. Tier 2 and 3 chapters represent our medium to small market chapters.
- Advise existing groups on organizational structure.
- Communicate best practices for event planning, financial management, communication and marketing.
- Maintain positive relationships with group leaders including travel to these markets when appropriate.
- Facilitate all event planning for these groups, including events associated with Homecoming Weekend.
- Target 2-3 new markets that could support new alumni chapters by seeking out interested alumni.
- Develop relationships with key leaders and help to facilitate and support alumni chapter formation and ongoing activities in those key markets.
Event Support and Execution
- Play an integral role in the support or execution of events associated with chapter activity in all markets.
- Support and/or organize all logistics and planning.
- Communicate the volunteer staffing resources needed.
- Facilitate the marketing.
- Help to support and/or manage Alumni Association Chapter event programs such as Buffs Give Back.
- Assist Senior Chapters Manager with Volunteer Training.
- Help conduct webinars with local and regional chapter leaders, as well as assistance with planning, programming, marketing and implementation of Leadership Weekend.
Global Ambassador Coordinator
- Work closely with the Global Ambassador project management team in the Alumni Association and the Chancellor's office to provide coordination support for the Global Ambassador program.
International Chapters Liaison
- Act as the staff liaison to all international chapters within the Alumni Association.
- Work with each staff liaison to understand and coordinate chapter and club email communication and web site content.
- Help with the copywriting and editing of communication provided by the chapters and clubs to ensure that their messaging is on target, correct and effective, and their web sites are current and effective.
- Work with the chapters and clubs to gain necessary approvals and coordinate scheduling with our email communication manager.
- Complete special projects as requested by executive management.
- Demonstrate leadership by example.
- Foster positive morale with all staff members.
What you should know:
- This opportunity may require evening and weekend support.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $40,000.00, commensurate with experience. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be impactful. Be positive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in marketing, communication, advertising, business, organizational management, higher education or other related field.
- Previous volunteer or management experience.
- Ability to support evening and weekend work as required.
What you will need:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong customer service background.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds for some events set up.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at once.
What we'd like you to have:
- Higher education/Alumni Association/development experience.
- CU Boulder alumni.
- Knowledge of Advance database.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For first consideration, please apply by August 21, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10466.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10879 - Alumni Association
Posting Date: Aug 7, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 21, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00708949