The University of Colorado Boulder welcomes applicants for a third-shift Service Dispatcher. The Service Dispatcher position monitors and prioritizes Simplex and Andover alarms, and coordinates service requests for the CU Boulder campus. This position also acts as a liaison between building users and shop personnel to determine the priority and status of service requests. We are looking for a positive team player that is innovative and open to change, and enjoys meeting the needs of customers in a busy and sometimes chaotic environment.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a positive attitude and willingness to be part of a dynamic team. The perfect individual for this position excels in attention to detail and multi-tasking.
This position works a permanent third-shift between the hours of: 11PM-7AM. (There is a possibility for some variance e.g. 11:30 PM- 7:30 AM or 10 PM- 6 AM, on occasion).
Who we are:
The Operations Control Center is a dynamic team of professional dispatchers that work together with internal and external customers to provide the best customer service possible. The department provides emergency information and acts as a communication/command center between the Facilities Management Department, the University Police Department and the campus community in cases of emergency. In addition, the Operations Control Center is a call center for routine and requested maintenance issues as well as after-hours housing issues.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Monitor computer for fire alarms, trouble alarms and supervisory alarms. Log all information pertaining to alarms on electronic log sheet and fire alarm log sheet.
- Prioritize and respond to emergency calls. Contact the appropriate shop personnel regarding critical or emergency situations.
- Monitor computerized critical environmental alarms, such as air handling units, cooling towers, air conditioning units, constant temp rooms, cold rooms, exhaust fans, return fans and chilled water pumps.
- Answer incoming calls to assist internal and external customers via phone. Handle walk-in customers' requests. Receive information, prioritize, log and route maintenance issues to the appropriate personnel, including but not limited to Facilities Shop Technicians, Housing and Dining, Athletics, specific building maintenance crews, CUPD, and Contractors.
- Communicate with customers to determine details and priority of service requests. Within the service request, provide accurate and complete information, including location, billing, nature of issue, special circumstances such as availability, contact information, and updates.
- This position will go out into the field alongside Trades personnel to better understand the nature of service calls, campus geography, and building systems. Assist with service calls, including troubleshooting to find the root cause.
What you should know:
This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and report to work for regular assigned shift during emergency campus closures. This is shift work and requires working evenings, weekends, holidays and high-volume overtime schedules. Schedule is subject to change depending on unit business needs. The incumbent must be available to cover any shift if necessary. This is a 24/7, 365 days a year Service Center. All shifts must be covered, so the incumbent must be able to provide back-up coverage for coworkers as needed.
What we can offer:
Monthly Salary: $ 3,701 plus benefits and 10% night shift differential.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be challenged. Be impactful. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Must be a current Colorado resident in order to apply.
- One year of experience in general clerical work or multi-line telephone contact.
- One year of service dispatching experience.
- Necessary Special Requirement: Must be able to hear and see audible and visual alarms for systems.
What you will need:
- Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills.
- Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Adaptability and Continuous Learning.
- Problem Solving and Reasoning.
What we'd like you to have:
- Dispatching experience preferably in a college setting.
- Knowledge of the CU Boulder campus and its operations.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10584.
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Please apply by August 28, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
3. A statement of interest that answers the following questions: 1. Explain in detail your Customer Service work experience. Explain what you feel are essential skills to providing the best customer service possible. 2. Have you had any high stress jobs in the past? Please tell us what they were, and what coping skills you possess that enabled you to handle these situations. 3. Tell me why you want this particular job and what skills you possess that will benefit you in this position. Please attach your answers to this application under the required documents.
4. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
5. If using the educational substitution for experience
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10492 - Facilities Management
Posting Date: Aug 11, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 28, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00671913