Associate Director of Development
University of Colorado Denver
Office of Advancement
Associate Director of Development
Position #2429 - Requisition 10619
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver Office of Advancement seeks two dynamic, passionate, results-driven professionals to join the development team for the College of Engineering and Applied Science and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
These full-time, University Staff (unclassified) positions will be focusing on development of relationships with CU alumni and other donors in the $25K - $75K category. These positions typically handle mid-level, moderately complex gift prospects, with the intent of cultivating, sustaining and increasing donor relationships.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Works to cultivate existing donor relationships with the intent of sustaining and increasing the relationship with the donor.
- Portfolio Management: Manages portfolio with goals relating to number of personal contacts, and number of proposed, gifts, planned gifts, grants, and prospect identification to be set with and approved by management.
- Develops and manages portfolios of individual, corporate and foundation prospects capable of making significant gifts in order to secure major gift commitments.
- Works closely with University of Colorado (CU) faculty and volunteers daily to develop and implement fundraising strategies in order to meet established goals and objectives. Facilitates productive relationships daily between donors and CU administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of programs.
- Works daily to ensure timely, accurate completion of proposals, pledges and fund agreements. Documents prospect strategies and contact reports, evaluates new prospects and generates stewardship reports and general correspondence daily to cultivate major gift prospects.
- Represents the University at events in order to support the University and cultivate donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in fundraising, sales, or public relations.
- 3-5 years of fundraising, sales, or public relations experience.
- Professional experience working in a higher education or non-profit environment.
- Experience cultivating donors at the $25K to $75K category.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to analyze information / situations and solve problems.
- Ability to handle sensitive information discretely and maintain confidentiality.
- Solid ability to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; must have ability to work independently and collaboratively, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Personal computer proficiency required, especially as related to Microsoft Office Products; MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and donor tracking software.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Sheri Kalina Jungman at Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by August 18, 2017.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30228 - ADM-CHAN Foundation Denver
Posting Date: Aug 7, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00002429