Office of the CIO - 370000
The Information Technology Services Department's mission is to provide exceptional technology-based services, to facilitate UNTHSC's mission as it applies to the management, teaching, learning, and community services; and to continuously seek innovative approaches in the delivery of information technology products and services to empower staff, faculty, and students in the journey of continuous improvement.
The Information Technology Services Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a PBX operator (switchboard operator) to join the team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Serve as the main switchboard operator for UNTHSC. Direct phone calls to individuals and departments, provide answers to basic questions about the institution, including hours of operation, directions, parking, etc.
* Experience working in a collaborative multi-unit office environment, excellent customer service skills, and resourceful. Anticipates, listens to, understands, and responds to customer needs (internal and external).
* Support first level purchasing needs and administrative functions.
* Must have a strong ability to access, use and search for information as needed.
* Assist in maintaining the online directory data current.
* Other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED and two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bilingual to provide superior telephone switchboard support.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, Access, and business productivity software.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
8am - 5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled