Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
The Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to provide professional administrative support to her office. The successful candidate has extensive experience managing a broad range of administrative tasks and projects, and will serve as a central resource for the coordination of the Vice President's administrative directives. The Executive Assistant will exercise initiative, independent judgment, diplomacy, and have a service-oriented attitude, while utilizing discretion and appropriate judgment regarding sensitive and/or confidential matters. He/She will be comfortable with technology and learning new systems.
- Provide executive support to the Vice President. Ensure the Vice President is updated in advance on daily activities which includes preparing and gathering of meeting materials and providing the status of ongoing projects and activities. Track, anticipate, and prepare for upcoming deadlines, events, and agenda items that require action by the Vice President.
- Coordinate the Vice President's complex calendar; schedule appointments and exercise discretion and judgment as to priorities and effective use of the Vice President's time, use judgment to resolve urgent requests and conflicts. Organize background materials needed or follow-up documents. Handle all travel arrangements and logistics.
- Attends committee meetings with the Vice President to prepare minutes of meetings; handles all necessary scheduling and follow-up items
- Manage incoming requests to the office; collect, research and analyze information. Decide on a daily basis the best routing for various inquiries.
- Prepare comprehensive and detailed reports utilizing MS Office Suite; present data in a meaningful, logical manner, prepare presentations for senior level management as needed utilizing Power Point.
- Initiate communications, handle correspondence, and reply as appropriate on behalf of the Vice President.
- Review, edit and proofread correspondences prepared by various offices for Vice President's signature and approval.
- Prepares for events hosted by Vice President which may include ordering food, writing/copying agendas, and confirming conference room space and coordinating activities with the Office of University Events.
- Assist the Vice President by independently managing special and ongoing projects as needed.
- Welcome guests, in person and on the telephone and serve as the principal public relations manager for the Vice President's office; answering and directing inquiries as needed.
- Work in cooperation with the Director of Financial Affairs and assist with financial transactions related to the departmental budget including PCard reconciliation, purchasing, supply inventory, employee travel and reimbursement.
- Generates and proofreads correspondence; prepares and distributes letters, draft memos, policy documents and other reports and correspondences as needed; maintains appropriate files and records, both paper and electronic
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of Five years of experience in office operations, administrative support, and senior administrator or executive-level assistance, preferably in a higher education setting
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven capacity to communicate clearly
- Ability to think critically and to make sound decisions
- Ability to complete complex assignments quickly and with a high degree of quality and accuracy; respond with appropriate urgency to situations that arise and solve difficult problems proactively and efficiently
- Proven track record of handling sensitive information with the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative required
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police