Athletic Trainer, Competitive Sports
Salary: $53,700 - $66,800
Title: Athletic Trainer, Competitive Sports
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Recreation/Student Rec Center
Date Posted: 08/07/2017
Position Information: UCR Recreation is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and team-oriented leader to serve Competitive Sports Program as an Athletic Trainer. This position will evaluate, treat and care of all club sport related injuries. Establish a minimum standard of care for concussions or mild traumatic brain injuries including athlete education/risk factors, baseline testing, and return to play protocol with medical oversight from UCR Student Health. This is a 2 year career appointment with the possibility of being continued based upon available funding.
Minimum Requirements: Strong manual therapy skills applicable to orthopedics and sports medicine.
Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive matters involving athletic injuries and treatments.
For positions associated with Sports Medicine, must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and, at all times, avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
Thorough skills associated with athletic injury prevention and the administration of therapeutic modalities, devices, and rehabilitation techniques, as well as of first-aid, athletic equipment, and injury assessment and treatment.
Strong ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with others, including athletes, team physicians, faculty, staff and others in the athletic department.
Thorough knowledge of electronic medical records systems.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills needed to work with a diverse client group.
Computer skills in programs relevant to job duties.
Strong skills necessary to communicate verbally and in writing.
Strong ability to organize and prioritize work assignments and complete assignments within required timelines.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of procurement function and campus budget requirements relating to athletic equipment and supplies.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview