Functional Title Pre-College Coordinator
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for identifying, cultivating and recruiting potential applicants for admission as traditional first-time freshmen, transfers, and nontraditional adults; collecting and evaluating credentials; making decisions regarding individuals' candidacies for admission to UNCG; and positively affecting admitted students' decisions to matriculate to UNCG. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions serves as a major public relations arm of the institution and helps to shape a positive image of the University through its interaction with parents, prospective students, high school and college counselors, alumni and other external agencies. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions communicates to the public the academic, programmatic and developmental offerings that UNCG provides for its students.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is currently seeking qualified candidates for the Pre-College Coordinator position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Manages incoming requests from middle school and high school guidance counselors, and teachers as well as community groups for group campus tours and group presentations. Performs proactive outreach to key feeder schools and community.
- Coordinates pre-college campus visits in conjunction with admissions office tour and presentation schedule/calendar. Coordinates special large group visits; i.e. annual UNCG basketball event for middle schoolers and GEAR UP/TRIO) specific programs.
- Works across Enrollment Management, academic, and student affairs divisions to generate campus involvement in the pre-college visit programs.
- Creates, implements, and evaluates events designed to create overall awareness of UNCG, attracts people to campus, and highlights discipline specific offerings.
- Conceive and maintains web page for pre-college student visits.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in a college admissions or other related higher education experiences preferred.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Admissions - 10202
Job Open Date 08/04/2017
For Best Consideration Date 08/18/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu