Fire Protection Project Manager
(Fire protection/suppression knowledge is required. Relocation is not required, but travel is frequent. )
- Act as the primary on-site leader.
- Work with Operations Manager to develop project schedule.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives and schedule.
- Recognize and evaluate the impacts of client issued bulletins, field directives, and scope changes to the contractual work and schedule.
- Actively pursue additional work through change orders.
- Effectively communicate project progress and issues to management as required.
- Manage risks and establish project recovery plans when required. Resolve disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Ensure project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Oversee project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Manage the delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the assigned projects.
- Develop and maintain viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors.
- Ensure subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Attend job progress meetings as required.
- Oversee and manage all on-site safety requirements for field crews.
- Coordinate customer-training requirements.
- Assist in writing RFI's and site memos, and submit them to the customer.
- Track field hours to ensure project labor expectations. Update Operations Manager accordingly.
- Ensure that field mark-ups are being maintained on site and turned into the design manager at project completion.
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of fire sprinkler, fire suppression, and fire alarm related equipment, codes, and industry practices.
- Proficient in all basic computer skills and computer software applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient in reading and understanding fire protection and detection plans and diagrams.
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of NFPA codes and standards.
- Strong ability to follow directions given by supervisor.
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Good driving record with valid driver's license.
- Fire Certifications a plus.
- NICET Certification a plus.
- Notifier product experience is desired.
Applicants without fire protection/suppression experience will not be considered.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Minimax Fire Solutions, Inc. is a multifaceted, full-service fire sprinkler and life safety systems company specializing in the installation of a wide variety of automatic fire suppression and fire alarm (life safety systems) systems in special hazard applications throughout North America. We are currently expanding operations and offer tremendous opportunities to individuals in the fire protection/life safety marketplace
In addition to a challenging and rewarding work environment, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including: Holiday pay, vacation & sick pay, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with an employer match, life Insurance, AD&D and long-term disability insurance.
Sun, 6 Aug 2017 15:40:08 PDT