Program Coordinator I for Intelligence & Security Studies Program
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, is seeking an Program Coordinator for the new Department of Intelligence & Security Studies Program. Responsible for providing administrative support to the Intelligence Program and its faculty; providing basic academic advice, retention and enrollment services to its majors; planning, promoting and implementing initiatives of the department; and serving as chief administrative liaison with the Office of the Dean of the School of Humanities & Social Sciences, in which the department resides; and providing support for The Citadel Center for Cyber, Intelligence, and Security Studies.
Maintains and updates the department’s website by adding new content and/or creating new pages to promote all related events. Manages the department’s budget, including accounts within The Citadel Foundation. Handles reimbursement and travel expenditures for the department’s faculty and others. Oversees all purchasing for the office. Uses college systems to prepare honorariums, pay invoices, submits reimbursements, transfer funds, reconcile charges and other budgetary responsibilities as required. Enters fall, spring, and summer course schedules into the college’s database under the supervision of the department head. Assists with developing conferences, events and activities that enhance the programs.
- A Master's Degree.
- Experience in Higher Education. (Student Affairs experience is preferred)
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint).
- Basic proficiency in maintenance of web and social media sites.
- Able to produce high-quality and accurate work in a timely manner. Proactive, and business savvy with a creative approach to problem-solving; eager to assist wherever needed. Must have the ability to advance projects and solve problems collaboratively and willingness to take the lead when necessary to complete projects. Must be able confidently and effectively to handle multiple assignments at once. Exceptional interpersonal skills with an outgoing personality and highly service-oriented.
- Experience with management of institutional budgets.
- Prior executive level experience working with an official of an institution of higher learning, government, or the private sector.
- Interest in, and prior study of, one or more of the disciplines of interest to the Intelligence, Security Communities. (E.G. International Relations, Criminal Justice, English, History, Modern Languages, Political Science, Psychology;)
- Banner experience preferred.