General Description of Position: The program assistant supports UFM’s education and outreach programs with course scheduling, management and facilitation of communications among patrons, staff and instructors. Duties include office management, participant registration and supervision of student office assistants. The person in this position will also provide support services to UFM coordinators and the executive director with special projects that arise. Information about the College/Unit: UFM Community Learning Center coordinates noncredit learning experiences open to the public as well as recreational courses such as swimming, fitness and martial arts that carry K-State academic credit. UFM also coordinates the Manhattan community gardens, the Lou Douglas lecture series, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute courses for the Manhattan area, a teen mentoring program, a program to assist other communities in developing community outreach programs and Project EXCELL. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. The Successful Candidate will:
- Arrange for appropriate room set up to accommodate classes scheduled at UFM Community Learning Center.
- Assist program coordinators in scheduling and managing UFM classes and activities at the UFM house, on campus and other locations.
- Serve as registrar for UFM courses to include managing participant registrations in database system.
- Utilize registration database to list all noncredit courses offered at UFM.
- Maintain inventory of course materials and notify program coordinators of inventory needs to ensure all classes have required materials.
- Manage room scheduling for classes both on-site, in campus locations to include Ahearn 301 and 304 classrooms and at various community locations utilizing an online calendar system.
- Assist instructors with class equipment and material needs.
- Provide accurate and current registration information and rosters to instructors, including noncredit enrollments in KS credit courses.
- Process registration income and prepare deposit information for the UFM executive director. Responsible for the security and confidentiality of all receipts, including cash, checks and credit card information.
- Contact participants with reminders for upcoming classes and notification of class changes or cancellations; send electronic evaluations at conclusion of class.
- Oversee instructor payment process and participant refunds.
- Update and provide regular maintenance for the Student Manager registration system
- Ensure that all information in Student Manager is accurate and up-to-date.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the UFM office, serving as first point of contact for the office. Answer phones and direct calls as appropriate. Answer questions and assist callers with information and program or class referrals.
- Supervise student office staff and community service volunteers.
- Maintain office records for office copying and postal supplies providing a monthly report to the executive director.
- Schedule use of UFM facilities for external groups following organizational guidelines and rate schedule.
- Respond to all e-mail and voicemail correspondence for class and general inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist program coordinators with project activities and reports.
- Serve as the main office contact for community garden signup and issues.
- Generate and organize special project registration reports for the executive director.
- Assist executive director with goal documentation and gathering information for the annual report and grant submissions.
- Assist with creating displays and other outreach materials in cooperation with program coordinators.
- Assist with catalog editing.
- Provide assistance to instructors on writing and editing course descriptions as directed by credit and noncredit coordinators.
- Attend campus and community events and staff UFM exhibits to promote UFM education and outreach programs.
- Assist executive director in keeping statistics on program participation.
- Assist with catalog distribution.
- Participate in registration software training and other relevant training events as assigned.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Provide other support activities for UFM programs as directed by program coordinators and UFM executive director.
- Participate in UFM outreach activities as needed.
- Represent UFM in collaborative campus or community groups as assigned.
- This position requires a High School diploma. Must have a minimum of one year of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in education, marketing, journalism or related field OR two - five years of marketing and/or management experience as determined relevant by the agency
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven record of managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong skills in time management, attention to detail, follow-up, and the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated personal computer proficiency to include operation of Microsoft Office suite programs
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience with Adobe design software
Applicants will need to upload a cover letter addressing qualifications and skills related to the position, a resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history and three professional references including name, address, phone number (cell number if appropriate) and email address. Questions about the application process can be directed to the K-State Global Campus Dean’s Office at 785-532-5644 or email@example.com.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.Screening of Applications Begins: Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, applications should be received by August 23, 2017. Salary Range / Pay Rate: $29,556-$44,335
Please note: the minimum salary for this position is $29,556. Actual salary will be determined based on the candidate's experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression. "Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.