PMO Senior Project Manager
Carthage College seeks a PMO Senior Project Manager to join the Library and Information Services team. The PMO Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing key enterprise projects, as well as maintaining the Project Management Methodology for the College, and mentoring other individuals assigned to manage projects.
The PMO Senior Project Manager must be capable of leading large-scale transformation projects and establishing PMO processes. This role will be responsible for the full project lifecycle and work with all stakeholders and team members to successfully initiate, plan, execute and close all project deliverables as committed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, execution, and delivery of projects defining the project charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success.
- Mentoring project teams in requirements elicitation and ensuring requirements are captured accurately and completely as well as creating and maintaining project documentation.
- Facilitating day-to-day coordination, including work activities, progress tracking, and issue log management, while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations.
- Working with a cross-functional team, contractors, and vendors to deliver critical projects.
- Acting as the link between the assigned project resources and key stakeholders.
- Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to-end project execution.
- Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Managing the process to assess gaps and develop action plans to address these gaps.
- Monitoring financial delivery.
- Developing robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity.
- Responsible for building and leading effective project teams including problem-solving/critical thinking skills and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Managing individual work styles and development of project staff
- Serving as primary contact on project status.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Licensure
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 5-8 years of Project Management experience is required.
- Experience on major, large scale projects is required.
- ERP system experience is required.
- Project Management Accreditation is required.
- Experience in a higher education environment with Student Information Systems is preferred.
- Experience on major transformation projects and SaaS initiatives are preferred.
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
How to Apply
Apply online using the link below. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit all materials through the "Resume Upload" section
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.