Asst Professor of English, Creative Writing--Prose
The Department of English and Literary Arts at the University of Denver has eighteen full-time faculty members, offering courses in British, American, and World literatures. Our undergraduate major includes concentrations in English, Creative Writing, and English Education. We also offer an M.A. and a Ph.D. with concentrations in Literary Studies and Creative Writing.
The Department of English and Literary Arts at the University of Denver seeks a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the area of Creative Writing--Prose. We are seeking a critically engaged and widely published writer whose interests include stories and novels in prose and/or alternate narrative forms. Our department is committed to building a diverse and inclusive educational environment. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will advance this commitment through their research, teaching and/or service.
- Teach five (5) courses per academic year.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Demonstrated potential for very good to excellent teaching.
- Ability to meet the department teaching requirements for tenure and promotion.
- MFA in Creative Writing; or ABD with the expectation that the dissertation will be finished by December 1, 2017 and Ph.D. completed by September 1, 2018.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with diverse communities or evidence of a commitment to incorporate inclusive teaching methods and/or pedagogies to effectively engage broadly diverse student populations.
- Ph.D. in English or related discipline with a specialization in creative writing (prose).
The application deadline is November 15, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions regarding this position, please contact Dr. Clark Davis, Department Chair, at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter - Our department is committed to building a diverse and inclusive educational environment. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will advance this commitment through their research, teaching and/or service.
- Three letters of recommendation and any additional support materials which should be sent to Clark Davis, Chair, Department of English and Literary Arts, 2000 East Asbury Ave., University of Denver, Denver, CO 80208 or by November 15, 2017.
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 5 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.