Assistant Director of Admission for Transfer Students
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Admission, the Assistant Director of Admission for Transfer Students (“ADTS”) is responsible for all aspects of the admission recruitment cycle as it pertains to the transfer student population. The ADTS is also responsible to oversee the admission process for both transfer and first-year students for the Spring term. The incumbent is responsible for interpreting the mission of the College to external constituencies, including but not limited to prospective students, guidance and college transfer counselors, parents and alumni. This individual works closely with the Academic Provost Office and Registrar to update current and create new Articulation Agreements and Joint Admission Programs with community and 2-year colleges. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for creating and maintaining strong relationships with community college advisors and other potential referral sources. The ADTS develops and implements an aggressive strategic plan for the recruitment and enrollment of transfer students, is responsible for meeting recruitment goals, and communicating their progress with the department leadership and the larger community.
Transfer Student Recruitment:
- Recruit prospective students to the College through attendance at college fairs, transfer fairs
and other on and off-campus programs;
- Assist the Associate Vice President with determining appropriate travel plans, itinerary within travel and budgetary guidelines as it related to the recruitment of transfer students;
- Develop new and manage key referral relationships with community and 2-year college advisors and educational consultants;
- Organize on and off campus events and conduct presentations about the College and the transfer admission process;
- Organize and participate in digital recruitment activities for transfer students (on-line chats, blogs, webinars);
- Assist with the creation or updates of transfer publications and maintenance of the web pages specific for transfer students;
- Assist Social Media coordinator with timely and appropriate use of the College’s Social Media platforms to recruit transfer students.
Develop/implement and manage a strategic transfer student recruitment plan:
- Create and implement an aggressive multi-year strategic plan relating to transfer student enrollment;
- Collaborate with the Academic Provost Office, individual Academic Departments, and the Registrar to update current and create new Articulation Agreements and Joint Admission Programs;
- Evaluate and make recommendations on specific advertising opportunities relating to transfer students;
- Generate appropriate reports to assess outcomes strategic initiatives and use assessments in future strategic planning;
- Maintain familiarity with current trends and best practices for recruitment of transfer students within the industry; use knowledge in strategic planning.
Facilitate the Admission Process for Transfer/First-Year (Spring) Students:
- Interview and follows-up with prospective students, assist in the completion of applications, communicate and follow up regarding missing documents and evaluate transfer applications to determine acceptance, denial or referral to Committee for further review;
- Provide timely or on the spot tentative credit evaluations in collaboration with the Registrar’s Office;
- Participate in transfer orientation programs;
- Communicate admission decision with applicants;
- Oversee January enrollment operations for both freshman and transfer students.
- Strong customer service, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to forecast and strategically use data to plan accordingly.
- Assist in the coordination of on-campus recruiting events and activities
- Assist with recruitment activities for freshmen as needed
- Assist with the admission process for PAL, Nursing, and International Students when appropriate
- Represent the Admission Office on campus-wide committees
- Interpretation of the College mission to external constituencies
- Participate in Industry related associates, such as the New England Transfer Association (NETA)
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor of his/her designee.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2-4 years admission experience.
- Commitment and comfort with digital communication available for recruitment purposes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various constituencies including prospective students, parents, referral sources and colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task and make independent judgement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/computer applications.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Master’s Degree; experience with Admission/Recruitment of Transfer Student population; experience working with multiple constituencies at the college level regarding articulation agreements.
- A current relationship with community college advisors is desirable.
- Knowledge of transfer student population and changing demographics.
- Banner experience.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.