Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Curry College is inviting applications for a full-time Admission Counselor. The Admission Counselor will be responsible for all aspects of admissions recruitment cycle within an assigned geographic recruitment territory and/or student type (First-year or Transfer). The incumbent is responsible for interpreting the mission of the College to external constituencies to include prospective students, guidance and other school personnel, parents, alumni and independent consultants. The incumbent is responsible for meeting recruitment goals within the assigned territory; participates in a wide variety of admissions functions to include travel, analysis and review of applications, interviewing, personalized follow-up, telemarketing and social media activities.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
Student Recruitment: Has primary responsibility for reaching predetermined recruitment goals that include, but is not limited to, the critical responsibility of attracting students from assigned geographic areas by visiting high schools, community colleges, attending college nights and college fairs, and making formal presentations to groups of students and parents on and off campus.
- Plan and execute travel for recruitment; meet with prospective students, parents, guidance counselors and other constituencies in order to communicate the message of the College;
- Coordinate and contribute to the success of various student visit programs designed to recruit targeted prospective applicants to the College;
- Plan and manage his/her personal recruitment territory, providing reports to supervisors as required;
- Perform telemarketing functions to assist in recruitment efforts;
Student Admission: Expected to demonstrate discretion and diplomacy in working as part of a team to support and achieve a successful admission and enrollment process, adhering to pre-specified student admission requirements.
- Interview and counsel prospective candidates for admission;
- Assess eligibility for admission to the College;
- Review transcripts, contact high school personnel for clarification of inconsistencies, explain admissions decisions and criteria to families, students and high school personnel;
- Review applications for admission to the College to determine admit/deny or referral to Committee for further review; responsible for admitting students to the College or determining which student needs to be referred to Committee for further review;
- Respond to all student, parent, guidance counselor inquires or requests regarding college admission requirements, programs and other related matters pertaining to application to the College in an accurate and timely manner;
- Determine when to correspond to students or refer to other constituencies on campus to include faculty, coaches, staff or current students;
- Assist with office operations where appropriate to include data entry of application decisions, telephone, and other administrative duties;
- Manage ongoing strategic communications with high school and independent counselors, including email, print, and other social media;
- Daily review of confidential application information;
College Relations Liaison: Responsible for increasing the visibility of the College with external customers and where deemed necessary by senior admissions administrative staff.
- Participate, prepare and support admission initiatives and events. This includes but is not limited to participation in all recruitment (i.e. Open Houses, Accepted Student Days) working weekend and evening hours as part of the staff rotation;
- Assist other College departments by participating in Orientation, Convocation, Commencement and other events as assigned;
- Complete expense reports;
- Perform data collection and analysis as assigned;
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee;
- A Bachelor’s degree in a student services related field.
- Minimum of one year of related work experience. (Admission experience and/or other student- centered higher education experience preferred)
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritize multiple projects while meeting or exceeding predetermined deadlines in a fast-paced and unpredictable work environment.
- Intermediate computing skills and efficiency utilizing computing applications on the systems and programs of College’s choice; currently by way of example, Microsoft Office Suite, Banner.
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills as necessary and ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds; comfort with telemarketing and public speaking skills and the ability to present the College in a positive way.
- Knowledge of secondary schools.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- This position requires the ability to travel to remote locations and to load and transport admission materials, displays and other equipment. Evening and weekend hours required, especially during the travel and reading seasons.
- Proficiency of using various social media platforms.
- Recruitment of first-year, Transfer, and/or Non-Traditional Students.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.