Student Services Assistant
Student Services Assistant
Job Number: 75891
The Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) is a federally funded dual-degree MD-PhD program within Stanford's School of Medicine. It is a combined effort between the MD program and the PhD programs for the training of qualified students who are motivated to undertake biomedical research and research-related careers in academia, industry, and government. MSTP students participate in an integrated program of graduate training in the biomedical sciences and clinical training offered through medical schools.
The Medical Scientist Training Program is seeking a Student Services Assistant to provide administrative and operational support to faculty, staff, and students on issues regarding admissions, course offerings, student progress, and alumni networks. The Student Services Assistant will resolve routine issues of limited scope within their own work area using general guidelines and standards or precedents as reference. The successful candidate will support the Program by coordinating our graduate admissions process and logistics, database, website and media management, information collection, event scheduling and correspondence.
This is a 75% FTE position.
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up and distribute for review.Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Input data, update electronic databases, web sites, literature, and associated materials. May collect, gather and validate data, prepare basic reports.
- Coordinate logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Respond to routine inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to students and other departments.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Qualtrics, FileMaker.
- Ability to work with a strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive matters.
- Ability to contribute to a cooperative and supportive office environment characterized by service-oriented flexibility, workload fluctuations and variable planning time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 25 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote health, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Job: Student Services
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.