IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
Job Number: 75888
The Office of Facilities Planning and Management (OFPM) is seeking an experienced Business Analyst who is energetic and loves a challenge to join their multi-faceted team, that ranges from Facility Operations, Project Management, Finance, Space Planning, and Safety and Emergency Management.
Our ideal candidate will be the champion on space data, having full knowledge of the various applications related to space (e.g., FIMS, iSpace, and OBIEE) as well as gaining full knowledge of the key data attributes related to Operating Budget, Long Range Faculty Forecast, and the various headcounts available within the Stanford Medicine domain. The Business Analyst will be responsible for the maintenance of existing applications/tools, evaluating new tools and creating prototypes to improve business efficiency, resolving known system issues, and maintaining the Master Plan using the Excel VB code.
In addition, this position will be collaborating with Land Building & Real Estate (LBRE) to analyze requirements gathered for space, to ensure the correct functionalities get implemented by Archibus, as well as supporting the OFPM Project Management team in the software maintenance and enhancements of Projecto.
Finally, with the deep knowledge of these various data subject areas, it makes this position the perfect candidate to identify data integration opportunities that benefit all of the users within OFPM.
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions.
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and user needs.
- Specify functional analysis and design and work with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
- Review, research and evaluate software to determine its usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed business systems; assist or develop preliminary and detailed system design documentation.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
- Develop instructional materials, training and job aids.
- Advise users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues regarding management and business systems.
- Analyze data and provide data sets to users for analysis. May include development of operational and analytical reports for end users.
- Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business systems, which may include system development, implementation and/or operations.
- Coordinate the implementation of new or modified business systems.
- Recognized for strong analytical skills and performed many data/functionality gaps between current and new systems
- Recognized for strong customer focus, business process understanding, user requirements definition, technical consulting, negotiating skills and teamwork
- Expertise in creating BI reporting solutions with data sourcing, system integration, and dashboards/reports creation
- Experience with Excel VB, PLSQL, databases, OBIEE, FileMaker, and other multi-dimensional reporting tools
Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work flow.
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Skill in developing and conducting training programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Ability to pick up new tools and create sample proof of concepts to demonstrate how the tool can meet a specific need.
- Ability to pull data from various sources and perform data integration.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
Work extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.