Director of Institutional Effectiveness - 110360
University of West Florida
Director of Institutional Effectiveness
Position # 110360
The University of West Florida (UWF) located in Pensacola, FL on the Gulf Coast seeks an experienced leader to serve in the position of Director of Institutional Effectiveness (Position # 110360). This position reports to the Vice Provost, Office of the Provost in the Division of Academic Affairs.
The Director of Institutional Effectiveness serves as a member of the leadership team for the unit and works closely with the leadership team to develop and oversee the strategic plan, implementation priorities, and Accreditation, Strategic Planning, and Institutional Reporting & Effectiveness (ASPIRE) related budgeting for the unit.
The Director of Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for leading and administering the institutional effectiveness functions within ASPIRE, as well as providing direct support for coordination of activities to facilitate the University's successful implementation of its Strategic Plan and to ensure its continued reaffirmation of accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The Director oversees institutional effectiveness activities to support and enhance decision-making, strategic planning, policy formation, budgeting, academic and administrative program assessment, accountability, continuous improvement, and related reporting at the University.
Institutional Effectiveness staff coordinate and support selected UWF initiatives and projects related to examining, improving, and reporting on the University's effectiveness in fulfilling its mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
Institutional Effectiveness staff also manage the University's planning, accreditation, assessment, evaluation, and survey software, and are responsible for leading efforts to gather and report institutional effectiveness information for accreditation and related purposes.
Minimum Qualifications: A Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience.
- A Doctoral degree in a related academic discipline.
- At least 4 years of progressive relevant experience in higher education institutional effectiveness.
- Experience and expertise in the development of measurements of higher education outcomes, academic and administrative program assessment, and institutional effectiveness.
- Experience and expertise in statistics and quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Knowledge of and experience with the reaffirmation of accreditation process (particularly as it relates to Institutional Effectiveness standards), preferably through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Evidence of successful leadership, decision-making, and productivity in a collaborative higher education environment.
- Prior experience with SunGard Banner or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Experience working with assessment software (e.g., TracDat, Strategic Planning Online, TK20, etc.).
- Experience with Web development.
Applicants must apply online at https://jobs.uwf.edu and should be prepared to attach a letter of application, Curriculum Vitae, and three professional references with contact information.
Annual salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
Preferred application deadline to apply August 25, 2017. Anticipated start date is October 2017.
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual who requires special accommodations to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting the UWF Human Resources Department at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). A criminal background check is required for successful candidates. E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All records submitted in support of employment applications may be subject to Florida public records law.