Admin Assistant - Richmond College Dean's Office - 500432
Administrative Assistant - Richmond College Dean's Office - 500432
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of office support and/or secretarial duties for Richmond College Dean's Office, such as composing and word processing a variety of standard documents and correspondence, relaying and resolving routine telephone and/or walk-up inquiries, scheduling calendar items and meetings, making travel arrangements, processing forms, performing data entry, and establishing and maintaining records. Edits and proofreads documents to ensure accuracy. May perform duties involving simple mathematical calculations.
- Greets and directs visitors, as and when appropriate; resolves routine administrative problems and answers inquiries concerning activities and operations of department/division; accepts, screens, and routes telephone calls and walk-ins; maintains log of inquiries as required; schedules meetings, interviews and appointments, and performs other duties related to maintaining one or more individual schedules.
- Performs a wide variety of assignments which are sometimes confidential in nature; operates personal computer to enter data, draft, edit, revise, and print letters, tables, reports, and other materials.
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and updates files, records, certificates, and/or other documents for various programs and the department; performs basic, routine bookkeeping functions, which may involve simple billing and cash receipt activities as required.
- Performs a range of staff, program and/or operational support activities; may serve as a liaison with other departments on basic administrative and/or operational matters; may instruct and oversee the activities of student employees performing the same type of work.
- Sorts, screens, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; drafts or prepares responses to routine inquiries; prepares photocopies and facsimiles, and operates a variety of office equipment.
- Assist Administrative Specialist with planning and executing events including reservations; selection of menu; operating within budget; creating, preparing and sending invitations; tracking RSVPs; and maintaining files on processes associated with each event. As required, attend event to ensure smooth operation.
- Coordinates the maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment, as appropriate, to ensure optimum functionality; identifies, assesses, negotiates as necessary, and resolves building maintenance and usage problems; Orders, stocks, and distributes office supplies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Receptionist skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCe:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified (2 years preferred).
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
SALARY STRUCTURE: Pay Grade 3 To see more detailed salary information please review the University of Richmond's Compensation Structure. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation's first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique. UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE