Associate Director of Development - University Advancement
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
As a member of the University Development team, the Associate Director of Development Officer is responsible for helping to meet APU fundraising goals and objectives as assigned. The primary responsibility of this position is identification, cultivation and solicitation of current and prospective donors for annual fund, major gifts, campaign and strategic initiatives, and other funding opportunities. This position reports to the Senior Director of Major Gifts and Strategic Initiatives.
- BA degree required.
- Master's preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience with direct fundraising experience.
- Candidates must have excellent written, verbal communication skills and critical thinking ability, be highly relational, possess the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of professionals and individuals, be able to conceptualize, as well as attend to detail, work successfully under time pressure constraints to meet metrics and goal assignments, and handle competing priorities with minimal supervision. Expectation of significant travel (50%) throughout assigned regions, and flexibility in work schedule to permit for occasional early morning, evening and weekend work, as needed.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Role requires a strong ability to cultivate new donors from a universe of assigned discovery contacts (alumni, parents and friends of university)
- Responsible for meeting individual fund raising goals and metrics as assigned.
- Manages a portfolio of 120 - 150 major gift prospects and donors.
- Prepares and presents funding proposals to current and prospective donors.
- Develops and incorporates estate planning resources to assist in identifying planned giving opportunities.
- Assists with and attends Advancement and University events (may include evenings and weekends).
- Provides accurate information of all prospect and donor activity in Raiser's Edge; documentation in the form of contact reports and strategy statements to be housed in the central Raiser's Edge system.
- Manages assigned donor relationships and uphold's APU's philosophy of stewardship.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assists other development operations as needed.
- Utilizes prospect research data to identify prospective donors.
- Cultivates and builds authentic and strategic relationships with assigned donors and prospects.
- Develops and implements appropriate strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of both annual and major gifts.
- Serves as an APU Ambassador and represent the university by managing assigned donor relationships with a high level of integrity, authenticity and confidentiality. Maintain a positive image when dealing with constituents and university community, demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the values and ethos of APU, and actively pursue Christ-like character.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.