The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is accepting applicants for a grant-funded Project Manager position. The Project Manager position for the Determining the Efficacy of Maker Activities by Navigating Discourse (DEMAND) project is a 12-month, 2-year position. The goal of this project, which is funded by the National Science Foundation and will end on 5/30/2019, is to track the deployment of Makerspace kits to 12 elementary schools in a local district.Professional development will be provided to all elementary school teachers in the district interested in using the kits at several points throughout the year.Kits will support ELA, science, mathematics, art, and/or social studies content standards where appropriate while incorporating 21st century learning skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the project
- Assist in collecting data at the research sites
- Help develop activities that will be used in the classrooms
- Ensure that data collection, data organization and storage, and data analysis tasks are completed on time and are done well.
- Help maintain the project website & survey sites
Minimum Qualifications: The requirements listed below are the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in education or a STEM discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within an academic community.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Masters degree in an education or a STEM discipline
- Experience teaching (at the elementary level preferred but not required)
- A record of academic scholarship
- Experience with educational or scientific research
- An understanding of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Experience with teacher professional development
The Citadel is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual, or group of individuals, on the basis of age, color, race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information or veteran's status in its employment practices. The Citadel has a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.