Facilities Specialist (Manager)
Mission Neighborhood Centers
San Francisco, CA
It is an exciting time to join Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (MNC)!
MNC is seeking full-time Facilities Specialist, who will primarily ensure that all MNC facilities meet all of the environmental health and safety requirements, that they are secure, and are maintained in accordance with federal and state licensing regulations. Responsible for planning future developments in line with strategic business objectives. Develops a recurring preventive maintenance program and maintains an efficient work order process. Provides project management of multiple development projects and oversees the work of contractors. Ensures that vehicles owned and operated are maintained according to the manufactures required maintenance schedule, properly secured when not in use, and operated only by appropriate California licensed staff. Supervises Maintenance and Janitor personnel.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications, enhancements and upgrades including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction.
• Provides project management and oversees maintenance with coordination among architects, contractors, site personnel and jurisdictional authorities.
• Prepares yearly budgets for projected maintenance, inventory, and projects.
• In collaboration will write and submit grant applications to support planned renovations and maintenance needs.
• Oversees the coordination of building space allocation, layout, and phone systems.
• Establishes and maintains an updated Facility Operations Manual which includes a timeline and detail of planned maintenance by site.
• Ensures that an online maintenance tracking and planning system is utilized across the organization to schedule needed repairs, preventive maintenance and facility upgrades.
• Performs monthly quality control facilities inspections with input from program staff/partners.
• Establishes and implements repair and preventative annual maintenance programs.
• Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established guidelines and specifications.
• Prepares an annual Building Conditions Evaluation and submits to the Executive Director, and the Board of Directors Facilities Committee.
• Complies with MNC's Procurement Policies as outlined in the Fiscal Policy & Procedures Manual and with CFR Part 75 regulations.
• Works collaboratively with Head Start/Early Head Start staff to ensure that the performance standards are met or exceed in the areas of facilities, inventory of equipment/supplies and transportation.
• Reviews department expenditures, inventory and exercises budget control for maintenance and operation accounts.
• Maintains all valid certificates, licenses, and endorsements and permits related to building maintenance as required by state and local authorities including Community Care license (CCL).
• Monitors facilities during adverse weather conditions (especially over weekends and holidays) and advises site personnel on appropriate actions.
• Supervises the facilities maintenance, custodians and contracted janitorial team to ensure that all MNC facilities provide a clean, healthy and safe environment for children and adults.
• Incorporates the use of "green" products and energy saving measures.
• Inspect buildings on a regular basis.
• Coordinate safety meetings and make safety recommendations.
• Maintains emergency plan and follow-ups with safety concerns and issues.
• Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables & chairs.
• Develops and establishes materials and equipment inventory system that keeps track of agency's property and ensures its safeguard.
• Coordinates with management staff access and distribution of equipment and classroom supplies.
• Interfaces with developers and handles the organization's administrative needs to support capital projects.
• Coordinates and attends the MNC Board Facilities Committee meeting and any Home Owner Association meetings.
Education: Associate Degree or equivalent from a two-year College, Technical School or a Certificate Program and five years of experience in building management, project management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: 5+ years in managing facilities, properties, and transportation for adults and children.
• Current CA Driver's License, current auto insurance and a clean driving record.
• Current Physical Health Screening (every 2 years thereafter)
• Fingerprinting Clearance (DOJ)
• Current Immunizations (TB) (every 2 years thereafter)
• Clearance Child Abuse Index
Language(s): English/Spanish, preferred
If you are seeking an organization that values, promotes and develops leadership by delivering culturally sensitive, multi-generational, community based services that empower families to build strong, healthy, and vibrant neighborhoods with the vision of a strong, healthier and more vibrant community that respects and celebrates its many rich, cultural traditions, please apply.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter with Facilities Specialist in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please do not contact us by phone. Please visit our web site for additional information on our Company web-site at: www.mncsf.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Mission Neighborhood Centers delivers culturally sensitive, multi-generational, community based services focused on low-income families. We develop and promote leadership skills that empower families to build strong, healthy and vibrant neighborhoods, through Child Development (Head Start), Youth Development, and Senior Healthy Aging Services.
San Francisco, CA
Sun, 6 Aug 2017 18:28:26 PDT