Postdoctoral Scholar in Theoretical Chemistry - Prof. Gerber
Open August 7th, 2017 through November 1st, 2017
A postdoctoral research position will become available in the group of Professor Emeritus R. Benny Gerber at the University of California at Irvine, with a starting date of November 1, 2017. The initial position is for one year, with possible extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
The research topic will be theoretical and computational studies of molecular reactions on liquid water and ice surfaces, and in models of atmospheric aerosols. Candidates should have obtained their Ph.D. within the last five years, in theoretical or computational chemistry or in a related research area. Interested candidates should write to Professor R.B. Gerber at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should also apply online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04231. Applicants should include:
(1) A C.V.;
(2) A list of publications;
(3) A letter stating research interests and background.
Applicants should also arrange for at least two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to Professor Gerber.
The postdoctoral project may require travel to The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, where part of the Gerber group is working. Funds for such a trip will be provided.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: https://www.chem.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V. including publication list
- Cover Letter - Letter stating research interests and background
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
2-3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now