Position Number: 53001813
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Cumming
Job Close Date: 08/20/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Office Administrator for the College of Business MBA Program. The Office Administrator provides assistance to the Dean, associate deans, department heads, directors, faculty, staff, and students in the Mike Cottrell College of Business; is responsible for administrative duties related to the MCCB graduate programs; engagement with external constituents of MCCB graduate programs; and other administrative duties as assigned.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Office Administrator will:
- Provide assistance to the Dean, associate deans, department heads, directors, faculty, staff, and students in the Mike Cottrell College of Business .
- Complete administrative duties related to the MCCB graduate programs. Maintain a budget pertaining to travel and supply expenses and provides monthly updates to the Administrative Manager.
- Engage with external constituents of MCCB graduate programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all plant and facility needs that arise in the MCCB Graduate Office and communicate issues appropriately.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have working knowledge of relevant office equipment, computer software, and administrative procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a professional level
- Ability to work independently and calmly in an occasionally stressful environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to Take initiative in solving problems and developing creative solutions to challenges while providing outstanding customer service.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- One (1) year of related experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. In addition to a background check, this position will also require a credit check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.