Vice President, Shared Services
Under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and member of the C-Level Staff, the Vice President, Shared Services will work cross functionally in the development and monitoring off all administrative functions of START Treatment and Recovery. He/She will provide direction to administrative functions and operations in the area of Information Technology, Marketing, Communication and Research and Evaluation.
- Work with senior management team to provide leadership for quality improvement strategies, reaping greater efficiency, effectiveness, teamwork and cost saving; evaluate existing services and recommend service and staffing models to meet the needs of the organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with staff, particularly in the face of a changing organization.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of state and federal law, as well as regulatory and accrediting organization requirements in order to ensure all departments are in compliance.
- Support the current mission and vision to drive change; leading to constantly innovate, adapt to and cause others to adapt to values, strategies, goals and plans in response to changing business conditions.
- Oversee the development of strategic plans and operating policies and procedures and service standards.
- Masters Degree in business, healthcare administration, medicine, nursing, public health or other related field is mandatory.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible administrative experience in a hospital/ Healthcare environment with demonstrated success managing key support and professional departments and service lines.
- Qualified candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of healthcare administration, including managed care contracting and fiscal management.
- Demonstrated experience of expertise in business administration and management techniques and principles including technology and human resource management. In depth knowledge of board and staff governance; experience in state healthcare regulations and cost control.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable software systems, especially in finance and reporting systems standard in a healthcare environment. Experience leading an IT systems group and collaboratively oversee an outsourced IT model.
- Experience collaborating with teams
- Strong computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ect).\
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in any language a plus.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position which are reviewed on each individual case.
While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
START is a not-for-profit organization which uses a comprehensive approach that is designed to service the in the inner-city communities of New York. Its objective is to assist individuals lead healthy, independent and productive lives allowing them to become responsible citizens who engage in a variety of meaningful activities.
START is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. START encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
START undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: HR@startny.org.~Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
New York, NY
Tue, 25 Jul 2017 08:31:57 PDT