Senior Software Engineer
Senior SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Accuity is continuing to grow!
Come join our team of Developers and Senior Developers in our thriving Chicago based riverside development center.
You'll be working for a market leading online data brand currently worth $240m annually and growing quickly; you'll be working in a cross-functional team, working alongside colleagues from a variety of technical and commercial functions - this makes us more agile, and builds greater understanding and closer relationships between technology and other business areas, it also means that you learn more, have a more varied role, and further diversify your skills!
This role performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design - typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
Experience and Education
• 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Experience with development frameworks including or similar to: Junit, Mockito, Backbone, Marionette.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets, including or similar to: Git, Groovy, Gradle, Jenkins, IntelliJ.
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
- Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
- Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 07:23:12 PDT