NOTE: Please include a salary history with your application/resume.
ORockCloud's mission is to help private enterprises and federal agencies alike convert business challenges into opportunities by building advanced technology and security solutions that meet our clients' most demanding requirements. This drives the way we do business and it's at the core of every technology investment we make, beginning with the top technologists that comprise our team. If you want to work with an emerging managed services provider with a unique approach to the cloud services marketplace, read on!
Our success begins with a team that brings their passion and technological expertise to the table each and every day. Here's why you should consider taking your career to the next level with ORockCloud:
• You want the opportunity to deliver cutting edge, cloud based solutions to a wide spectrum of industries offering a unique, highly secure, fast, and reliable alternative to other managed solution providers.
• You want to have significant impact not only upon your day-to-day activities but also upon how the organization will scale.
• You want to leverage your skills to help drive sales initiatives by forging partnerships and relationships that will have a long-lasting impact within the organization.
• You want to grow your understanding of technologies and how IT departments consume them.
• You want to build a network of partners and customers that will help drive your career forward for years to come.
ORockCloud offers a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. If it's time to get serious about taking the next step in your career, contact us today.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills and attributes:
• 10+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
• BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline, MS degree preferred
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Hands-on technical practitioner and individual contributor
• Hands on working experience with Hyper-V, OpenStack, Citrix, and VMware hypervisors
• Prior success in automating a real-world production environment and interface development and integration
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Ability to be mobile and travel for projects
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
• Experience with Systems Center, Azure Pack, Salesforce, Netsuite, and ServiceNow, integration
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
• Familiarity with any monitoring tools like Solarwinds, Labtech, Nagios, Incinga, SiteScope, etc.
• Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce)
• Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments
• Experience with automated testing tools (ie. Selenium, JMeter).
• Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging)
• Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
• Active open source contributor
• Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Domain leadership in Microsoft cloud technologies
• Demonstrated application of end-to-end architecture strategies, standards, processes, and tools in their solution designs
• Design of high quality architectures that meet customer requirements and are consistent with enterprise architectural standards
• Improved Information Resources (IR) solution performance, scalability, and agility
• Improved IR solutions time to market
• Increased re-use and reduced redundancy in applications and technology designs
• Level of participation in supporting the development and update of enterprise architectural strategies, standards, processes and tools
• Supports the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices and patterns.
• Ensures compliance with all architecture directions and standards through cross organization consulting and direct involvement in development efforts.
• Acts as a thought leader and arbiter of decisions in their specific areas of expertise.
• Develops and documents EA Artifacts in required tool/repository
• Works with constituents and the Enterprise Architecture (EA) team to gain consensus and establish application architecture standards, policies and directions.
• Support the definition and selection of enterprise tools, technologies and processes
• Review and approve corporate application architectural standards and processes change request representing their development organization
• Ensure representation from the all stakeholders in the design of application solutions
• Act as an expert in application design and development
• Monitor adherence to corporate standards in application design, development, and testing
• Facilitator and moderator of future collaborative work team websites related to Enterprise Architecture including application pattern work teams, domain specific sites or governance sites.
Please Note: The responsibilities described above are intended to be general in nature and do not represent an all-inclusive list of duties and tasks.
Sat, 5 Aug 2017 14:42:43 PDT