Plant Engineer - Beverage Processing
Reports to the Plant General Manager. Responsibilities include providing engineering support and infrastructure assistance in order to achieve all plant operational goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide engineering/technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management to support plant engineering projects. Provide the functional lead in Continuous Improvement, Lean/Kaizen initiatives, Root Cause Analysis and Performance Tracking in support of transformational change of the operation. Perform factory acceptance tests, induced failure tests, commissioning and decommissioning activities, and new process start-up leadership.
- Design, prioritize and execute an annual Capital Plan for the Plant in cooperation with Plant Management and Corporate Engineering.
- Develop scope for all Plant capital projects obtaining competitive costs in development of project funding requests for presentation to Management.
- Manage major capacity expansion projects in support of plant growth objectives.
- Develop recommendations in cooperation with Plant Management for sustainable application of engineering systems and technology changes to satisfy annual Goals and Objectives for optimization of factory efficiency, yield improvement, safety performance, energy conservation, regulatory compliance and net cost reduction.
- Meet Plant objectives for a prescribed balance of Return on Investment, Safety, Quality and Infrastructure Replacement in Kind capital projects.
- Develop positive interaction with all levels of Plant and Corporate leadership.
- Provide engineering planning reports, action plans, and contingency planning to Plant and Corporate Leadership.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and\or customer requirements for new product commercialization and innovation platform activities.
- Deliver projects on time, to scope and within budget.
- Meet project start-up performance curve expectations and metrics.
- Implement safe working Practices and ensure that safety procedure training are followed by all external vendors and internal technical resources.
- Maintain current environmental and regulatory permits in good standing and compliance. Establish relationships with regulatory agencies to manage minimum risk to the enterprise. Lead initiatives across the Plant to motivate resource conservation and waste reduction.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3 - 5 years engineering experience in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Fundamental knowledge of food/beverage processes and Lean Manufacturing Philosophy.
- Aptitude for further development of technical skills, organizational leadership and Team Building.
- Solid understanding of engineering technical issues\needs, financial, sales, and product design and development activities.
- Accomplished skill in use of MS Office, AutoCAD, MS Project, CMMS, and MES software.
- Goals and ambition for a greater role of responsibility in Operations Management and Leadership.
- BS Accredited College Degree in Engineering.
The physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met bay an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to finder, handle, touch and manipulate items.
- Speak and/or hear
- Stand for extended periods, walk and reach with hands or arms.
- Occasionally stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, twist and walk.
Have vision abilities to include proximate vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus as well as be able to effectively see and process computer generated images on a screen or hand-held device.
This Job Description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by their manager or supervisor.
Refresco is the leading European bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded customers. With production in 9 EU countries and the US, our global sourcing and local R&D capabilities offer an almost unlimited variety of products, manufactured to customer specifications and requirements. In addition to the efficiency of our bottling processes, we can also provide our customers with total supply chain solutions - from planning and sourcing of raw materials and packaging through to warehousing and transportation. We focus on providing high customer service levels as well as core innovations through the introduction of new packages, flavors and varieties of soft drinks and fruit juices.
In (co-)designing new products, we share extensive knowledge of market trends, local consumer preferences, product formulas, raw materials, and new production technologies. We are able to develop new concepts and bring these to market in an extremely short time frame. In 2015 we realized full year volumes and revenue of circa 6.1 billion liters and circa 2.0 billion, respectively. We employ circa 5,000 people in Europe and the US. Our head office is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information, please visit www.refresco.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 06:33:00 PDT