Senior Engineer R&D Hardware_003621_ATL- Norcorss, GA
For consideration please include your responses to the following Pre-Screen questions with your resume submission:
- Do you have experience in RF circuit design, control loop/DSP design, high speed simulation (HFFS tool)?
- Do you have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in Hardware design?
- Do you have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in Opto-Electronics circuits design?
- Do you have hands-on familiarity with the use of BER test sets, constellation analyzers and complex modulation formats?
- Leads the selection and procurement of high speed Opto-Electronics components for coherent transmission product.
- Develops DSP control loops and algorithms for coherent products Inph and silicon photonics modulators.
- Responsible for the specification, design, test/integrate and release to production of ADVA products.
- Contributes engineering support for product in production and possible transfer of products to other R&D or manufacturing organizations within ADVA.
- Creates of the Hardware Unit Design Specification (HUDS)
- HW and Integration test plan
- Schematic creation, PCB placement and PCB layout guidance
- Support of FPGA and SW integration
- Release of the PCB Assembly
- Engineering support for the assembly and production test
- Demonstrated ability to work at the system architecture level in multiple areas of the system or as an expert in a significant technology domain.
- Provided mentoring to new engineers to help them understand the architecture, design, processes, tools, etc.
- Considered a department and possibly company expert in one or more technical areas and is frequently consulted by other for this expertise.
- Participated in a least three full telecom/datacom product design life cycles working in multiple system areas.
- Capable of representing the Engineering department within company forums such as process discussions, customer support, etc
Operating at the equivalent of an engineer with 10 plus years of relevant experience.
- Other duties as required
Customers (Internal & External)
- Product Planning
- ADVA customers
Skills / Qualifications / Training / Experience:
- Education: BSEE + 10 years relevant experience
- High speed digital/optical design.
- 10 years plus experience in the area of high speed board design.
- High speed signal integrity analysis and simulation
- Schematic entry, Mentor graphics
- Office/lab/ 40 hours per week. 9-5
- Travel is less than 10%
- Active mind. Be able to move around the office/lab
- Team player, works hard to meet teams objectives
- Self-driven, fast learner
Become part of a winning team! ADVA Optical Networking is a global provider of telecommunications equipment. ADVA Optical Networking is determined to solve the exploding need for increased bandwidth in the metro and we are looking for equally ambitious and qualified professionals to join our talented team of over 1,400 employees. As a team member, you will be working in a fast-paced, lively, and multicultural environment in one of today's hottest high-tech industries. You will be given opportunities, responsibilities, and a compensation package that reflects your qualifications and ambitions. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our team.
Keywords: UX Design, UX Research, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Ethnography, User Interviewing, Design Thinking, GUI Design, Usability Testing, Information Design, Field Research, Agile, Lean UX.
Fri, 4 Aug 2017 14:51:46 PDT