Business Development Manager
Prometric is a trusted test development and delivery provider to more than 400 organizations worldwide. On their behalf, we securely deliver an average of 9 million exams per year to people who are seeking to improve their lives. Whether by starting a new career, further developing their skills to improve on an existing one, adding to their qualifications for a promotion, taking school entrance exams or simply for professional development, people taking tests want a reliable, convenient and hassle-free experience. Prometric serves as an industry gatekeeper, ensuring that people legitimately earn the credentials they seek to achieve, and thereby guaranteeing a fair testing experience for all who come through our doors.Our decades of expertise in test development and delivery help organizations create and deliver exam programs that accurately measure the skills, knowledge and abilities they need to measure. We are a reliable partner who works closely with our clients to help determine their business requirements, as well as identify the goals of their test programs. We provide the right blend of expertise, guidance, execution and customer service and can work to customize a unique solution that fits your specific needs. Prometric is a company with an understanding of who we're helping and why. It is our first and foremost ambition to provide a fair opportunity for every honest test taker to prove their merits, to help them accomplish lifelong goals for career and education advancement. It's our calling, and we embrace it. We work in close partnership with our clients, some of the world's most recognized and regarded organizations and agencies in government, education, technology, finance, healthcare and business to deliver the right test, on the right day, at the right time and, always, to the right candidate.We recruit and hire the best employees who have courage to question "the way it's always been done" and who have the care, acumen and engagement to work collaboratively, across functions, to find new and better ways to be faster and more cost effective at our business. We invest in our talent, and that means providing our employees the facilities, technology and work/life balance to continually reach farther and earn our place as the performance leader in global testing and assessment. Our success earns financial returns, and we continue to build on our merits year-over-year.Not many companies can say they impact the direction of people's lives and put people on the path to achieving their dreams. We do, and we are invigorated by the opportunity.
Prometric, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ETS, is a trusted provider of technology-enabled testing and assessment, its market-leading test development and test delivery solutions allow clients to develop and launch global testing programs as well as accurately measure program results and performance quality. Prometric reliably develops, delivers and administers more than 8 million tests a year on behalf of more than 350 clients in the academic, corporate, financial, government, healthcare, professional and IT markets. It delivers tests flexibly via the web or by utilizing a robust network of thousands of test centers in more than 80 countries.
Prometric is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to drive business development for new accounts across the company's business portfolio to achieve revenue goals. The Business Development Manager is an individual contributor position responsible for successfully building new client revenue and developing new client leads and pipelines. This role will be instrumental in formulating the company's Business Development Strategy and associated Sales Plans. The ideal candidate will have sound business acumen, with the expertise to construct commercials proposals and negotiate to close.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in the formulation of the company's Business Development Strategy and associated Sales Plans that leads to new account wins.
• Deliver on the company's new business financial objectives.
• Conducts research on industry sectors and is able to articulate market conditions by identifying and communicating factors that will impact our prospects/clients.
• Consults with customers to understand their requirements and to align our solutions and services accordingly.
• Represent the company at marketing events, networking events, meetings with prospects or partners.
• Drive sales opportunities through the formal sales process in target sectors.
• Ability to network within the industry and demonstrates an understanding of buyer behavioral styles.
• Develops a clear understanding of the competitor's strategy and executes an appropriate counter strategy designed to achieve an advantageous position.
• Maintains comprehensive product and industry knowledge.
• Responsible for preparation and delivery of sales presentations, demonstrations, solution proposal, responses to tenders.
• Maintain weekly/monthly sales plan and provide accurate pipeline forecasting to the business.
• Ability to travel within the United States, expectation for 30% travel.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Degree level qualification, preferably in Business.
• Minimum of 10 years solution based, consultative sales experience.
• Proven track record in effectively developing Business Development strategy and delivering results through others.
• Strong financial acumen, with experience developing metrics and pricing programs.
• Experience of selling high-value contracts involving multiple decision makers.
• Experience of consultative selling (solution selling).
• Track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
• Familiarity with Microsoft technology for business environments.
• Sound business acumen, with the expertise to construct commercials proposals, and to negotiate to close.
• Excellent presentation and demonstration skills.
• Articulate and confident, with the ability to build relationships with executives at all levels in target organisations.
• A highly motivated and driven person focused on achieving and exceeding targets.
• A strong networker and influencer.
• Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, written.
• Experience of selling to commercial and government agencies.
• Understanding of software and service management processes.
Please see job description.
Prometric (www.prometric.com) is the recognized global leader in technology-enabled assessment services, providing paper-and-pencil, Internet and computer-based testing solutions. It offers a fully integrated testing system that includes test development, test delivery and data management capabilities. On behalf of 300 current clients in the academic, professional, government, corporate and information technology markets, Prometric develops and/or delivers assessments through a global network of testing centers in 132 countries as well as direct to candidates via the Web.
Prometric, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ETS, is a trusted and market-leading provider of technology-enabled testing and assessment. Committed to a set of values that get the right test to the right location at the right time and to the right test taker, Prometric supports candidates worldwide who take more than 9 million tests each year. Through innovation, workflow automation and standardization, Prometric advances test development and delivery solutions that are better, faster and at less expense for its clients.
Fri, 4 Aug 2017 02:04:14 PDT