Instructional Support Assistant Electrical Department
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project-based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are student-centered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth. For faculty interested in research, the college maintains a teacher-scholar program to support research including applied research that complements our emphasis in experiential learning, civic engagement and sustainability.
Department: Electrical Trades
Location: Wellsville, NY
Posted: Aug 04, '17
The Electrical Trades Department, has an opening for an Instructional Support Assistant (ISA)
The job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Instruct and supervise students in safe and proper use of equipment/tools in lab and in field project with proper procedures in accordance with NEC and OSHA regulations.
- Analyze wiring, diagrams/parts lists for accuracy and craftsmanship.
- The ability to verbally quiz students on theory and troubleshooting skills.
- Have a wide range of knowledge and experience in the Electrical Trades field to provide coverage in all department laboratories and classrooms
- Supervision including grading student labs, manage field projects for safety, work habits, proper tool usage.
- Work with electrical vendors to compare prices, order new equipment, fill out purchase orders, and inventory department supplies and materials.
- Troubleshoot and repair department equipment.
- Perform department tours for prospective students and their families.
- Ability to change directions during the work day with little or no notice
The candidate must have a minimum of an AOS degree in Electrical Trades and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Electrical Trades in the residential or industrial field. Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, and basic computer skills are preferred.
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to a criminal, employment, and educational background check.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/student-services/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and resume.