F/T Faculty: Culinary Arts-Hospitality Department
Department: Hospitality Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Aug 04, '17
Ref No.: FAC
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Full-time Culinary Arts instructor in the Hospitality Department. Responsible for the teaching and curriculum development of Culinary Arts courses.
- Teach a variety of Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts courses as assigned.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom and laboratory settings using outcomes-based assessments.
- Teach in learning communities and engage students in community service.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills and enhance understanding.
- Actively contribute to Departmental development efforts, including but not limited to curriculum development, facilities development, outreach and articulation, and outcomes assessment.
- Use new technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to facilitate learning.
- Maintain expertise and currency in area of teaching responsibility.
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts or Food Service Management required. Master's degree preferred.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Teaching experience required; community college teaching experience preferred
- Work experience in a variety of diverse food and beverage outlets; including fine dining, banquet, and catering
- ServSafe certified
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as be adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and in the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations. Ability to instruct online is a plus. Further, applicants must have proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications for this position.
Salary Range: $44,000.00-$55,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: This Position will preferably begin in Spring 2018. To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By August 17, 2017
Application Instructions: Resume, cover letter and copy of transcripts. (Unofficial is acceptable) SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS IN CONFIDENCE TO: Bhcc.interviewexchange.com-Click on the position and click on "Apply Now" and follow the instructions. Fax Transcript Files to: (617) 228-3328.