Facilities and Events Manager (Athletics)
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Facilities and Events Manager supports the Athletics Department with organizing, administrating and managing all aspects of the Spartan Athletic Park facilities and events at Aurora University.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as the primary supervisor and manager of the Spartan Athletic Park, a facility with multiple competition venues located one mile off of the Aurora University main campus.
- Works in conjunction with Campus Public Safety and other campus administrators to make sure the facility is properly monitored and secured at all times.
- Maintains equipment inventory, cares for and provides maintenance of athletic equipment.
- Organizes and coordinates maintenance and upkeep of locker rooms and storage areas.
- Responsible for the setup and breakdown of facilities for home athletic events, to include: (1) Coordination of pregame routine with officials and coaches; (2) Verification that the game clock operator is prepared to follow NCAA game clock guidelines; (3) Confirmation of event setup, game personnel, and security as necessary for home athletic contests; (4) Greets opposing coaching staffs and game officials. (When applicable, provides payment checks to officials); (5) Assists security with crowd control as needed; (6) Coordinates event facility breakdown.
- Assess any risk management and emergency issues, including but not limited to weather, field or court condition, and parking and seating issues. Immediately notifies campus and department personnel, such as the Director of Athletics and Campus Public Safety, of any event and/or crowd issues.
- Coordinates with organizers of third party rentals and university-sponsored camps to ensure appropriate liability and oversight is achieved.
- Helps train Athletics Event Supervisors to ensure they properly perform the functions of the job.
- Trains, schedules and supervises student workers selected to work for the athletic department. Supervises student workers during events, paying special attention to the completion of specific game operations tasks. Closely monitors the student worker budget and processes student workers’ time sheets.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university is required.
- Experience in athletic event and facilities management desired.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of constituents: student-athletes, parents, coaches, media, alumni, administrators, support staff, campus community and the community at-large.
- Ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines, strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- General computer knowledge with a proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of social media outlets.
- Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Flexibility with an evolving work environment important.
- Physical ability to operate small machinery as well as endure physically strenuous work-outs and physical exercise on a daily basis, including standing and/or walking for long periods, bending, stooping, lifting; manual dexterity; lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.