Life Map Navigator (Enrollment Counselor)-Life Map Commons
Category: Professional Staff
Department: Life Map Commons
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Aug 04, '17
Ref No.: UNP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
The College's Title III project, From Dreams to Reality: BHCC LifeMap, has an overarching goal of improving student engagement, achievement, and persistence to degree completion. The LifeMap Navigator plays a central role in assisting and supporting students with planning their education and career objectives by training, supporting and enabling students to effectively use various LifeMap tools that will assist them in creating plans for their academic success, exploring majors related to their career interest and learning about campus services and programs.
- Provide support and guidance to students throughout the enrollment process with a special focus on returning students
- Proactively identify, track and monitor special student populations and identify strategies to address issues hindering student success
- Provide referrals and facilitate smooth connections for students to support services throughout the enrollment process
- Maintain student documentation to ensure that students needs are met throughout their time at the college
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to ensure that LifeMap components are integrated throughout the curriculum
- Collaborate in the design, marketing, implementation and assessment of academic support workshops
- Assist students with various online student success tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- One year experience in academic advisement and/or career development
- Familiarity with online tools (give examples) and social media
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Must be a team player/leader, and place a high priority on customer service relationships
- Proven ability to work with effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Available to work at least 2 evenings per week
Additional Information: This is a Title III grant-funded position through 9/30/2018
Salary Range: $44,852.00-$47,000.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade 3, Unit-Professional Grant-funded position
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By August 17, 2017
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Fax transcript files over 2 MB to (617)-228-3328.