Maintenance Equipment Operator I-Facilities Management
Category: Classified Staff
Department: Facilities Management
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Aug 04, '17
Ref No.: CLA
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
- Operates medium duty power equipment used in the maintenance and/or repair of roadways, landscaped grounds and athletic fields.
- Operates dump trucks, snow plows, sanders, skid loaders, tractor-drawn mowers and other equipment for roadway, sidewalk and grounds maintenance.
- Operates powered equipment to remove snow, trim trees and bushes, trim and cut grass, install plant materials and maintain plantings.
- Operates light vehicles such as passenger cars and panel trucks for transporting personnel and materials;
- Performs routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment; maintains records and prepares reports;
- Inspects contractual services.
Working conditions: Maintenance Equipment Operators work under exposure to adverse weather conditions and environmental hazards such as noise, fumes and gases; lift and carry heavy objects; may work varied shifts, weekends, holidays, nights; and may be subject to a standby (on call) work status.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of motor vehicles and medium duty power-operated equipment used in grounds maintenance, snow removal and related construction activities.
- Knowledge of the types, uses and characteristics of medium duty power-operated equipment used in grounds maintenance, snow removal and related construction activities.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures followed in the operation of motor vehicles and medium duty power-operated equipment used in grounds maintenance, snow removal and related construction activities.
- Possession of valid Massachusetts Driver's License
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Massachusetts Hoisting License within 6 months of hire date
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Shift: Monday-Friday 7:00a.m. - 3:30p.m.
Closing Date: August 17, 2017
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: www.bhcc.mass.edu/employment. Fax transcript files to (617)-228-3328.