The Accounting Manager is responsible for general ledger management, account reconciliation, cash receipts processing, depreciation and accruals, investment accounting, restricted asset releases, a/r collections, and preliminary monthly accounting cycle closing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems.
• Supervise billing, receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and general ledger functions.
• Supervise general accounting functions associated with client accounts in a cash center accounting system.
• Monitor and follow-up on receivables that have been outstanding for unusually long periods of time.
• Produce monthly financial statements including balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and accumulative general ledger using a computer-based accounting system.
• Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
• Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries.
• Review reconciliations with client funds to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up on any unusual items.
• Monitor cash flow and investments.
• Oversee filing of tax forms including 1099s, IRS pension report.
• Oversee, in conjunction with independent auditor, preparation of annual audit.
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts, and prepares related journal entries
• Coordinate corporate insurance contracts.
• Supervise Bookkeeper functions
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Directors
• Ability to adapt systems and implement departmental changes in the context of overall organizational development goals.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business administration or related field and/or minimum of ten years experience in accounting and/or finance, preferably within the Home Health Care industry. CPA preferred, but not required. A high degree of knowledge regarding payroll functions and accounting software is a plus. Solid written and verbal communication skills, ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality, strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and commitment to working with a diverse staff and client base are essential to successfully carry out the duties of this position.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
Tailored Living Choices, is a Supported Living Service agency serving individuals with intellectual disabilities. This position is with the Crisis Intervention division of the company. TLC is funded through contracts with Regional Centers under the Department of Developmental Services. This is a hands on role that requires an experienced professional who is comfortable and confident with day to day details. The ideal candidate will possess very strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build trust and confidence throughout all levels of personnel within the organization.
Fri, 4 Aug 2017 10:58:51 PDT